Seafood paella with artichokes. You can substitute other seafood and fish for what I have indicated. This is a great recipe for experimenting and adding what you love! This easy shrimp paella recipe with artichokes is stunning and works for entertaining or a weeknight dinner.
The Valencian paella and the seafood paella are always competing for the first place of the most popular Spanish paella. Today adding meats and vegetables to seafood paella has become common. They are usually accompanied by green beans, peas, artichokes or capsicums. You can cook Seafood paella with artichokes using 6 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Seafood paella with artichokes
- Prepare 1 of large cup brown rice.
- It’s 5 of large cups fish stock.
- It’s 4 of artichokes.
- Prepare 1 of monkfish steak cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Prepare 1 handful of fresh prawns.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
Seafood Paella – popular classic Spanish one-pan dish loaded with saffron-infused Arborio rice, chorizo, shrimp, mussels and boatloads of flavors. Fancy enough for a dinner date night or for entertaining a crowd. Paella is a Spanish rice dish originally from Valencia. Paella is one of the best-known dishes in Spanish cuisine.
Seafood paella with artichokes instructions
- Wash the rice well and leave soaking in a bowl of water until ready to use. Peel and slice the artichokes. Grill them over a moderate heat..
- Peel and devein the prawns. I asked the fishmonger to do it for me, but if you do it yourself use kitchen scissors rather than a knife – it's easier.
- Seal the fish in a large, lightly greased frying pan. Reserve both the fish and the artichokes.
- Heat the stock.
- When it is bubbling add the rice and leave over a moderate to high heat for 15 minutes.
- Add the fish, prawns and artichokes and leave for another 10 minutes. If the stock evaporates and the rice is still hard, add more.
- When the 10 minutes are up.
- cover the pan, turn off the heat and leave for another 10 minutes.
- Serve with a wedge of lemon and enjoy :-).
For this reason, many non-Spaniards view it as Spain's national dish. Move artichokes and green beans to plate with chicken and add onions and tomatoes. Sprinkle with salt and cook tomatoes have mostly broken down. Just substitute and cook in the same manner. Fish stock should be used for seafood paella or vegetable broth for vegetable paella.