Delicious edikaikong soup. All about making edikaikong soup, the popular Calabar soup, learn how to make this delicious soup, all the ingredients for edikaikong and even more about other Nigerian. Fresh and Delicious Edikaikong Soup Recipe. Edika-ikong soup (vegetable soup) is a popular traditional dish well known among the Efiks (Calabar) and the Ibibios (Akwa-ibom) people in Nigeria.
What are the secrets of how the natives make it? Are you looking for a delicious edikaikong soup recipe? The edikaikong soup recipe has its roots in the history of Nigerian nation, to be exact some ethnic group – the Efiks. You can cook Delicious edikaikong soup using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious edikaikong soup
- It’s 1 of big bunch of ugu leaves.
- You need 1 bunch of water leaves.
- It’s 1 handful of uziza leaves.
- Prepare of Smoked Titus fish.
- It’s 2 cups of chopped pomo.
- You need 1 of okpei.
- Prepare 1 of small cup of crayfish.
- Prepare 7 pieces of atarodo pepper.
- You need 1 of onion bulb.
- It’s 1 cup of palm oil.
- It’s 1 cup of periwinkles.
- You need of Salt (as desired).
- It’s 3 of stock cubes.
Edikang Ikong / Edikaikong soup is a nutritious Nigerian soup recipe made with a generous amount of fresh leafy vegetables, dried fish and assorted meat. It is actually one of the native soups of the. Edikaikong soup, also known as "Edikang Ikong soup" is a dish originating from Nigeria. There are lots of variations for the soup.
Delicious edikaikong soup instructions
- Wash and chop all the vegetables..
- Blend half of the crayfish with the peppers, okpei and half of the onion.
- Wash the pomo,Titus fish and periwinkles.
- Chop the remaining onion.
- Grind the remaining crayfish into powder form.
- Set a pot on heat, add the palm oil and allow the heat up. Add the chopped onions and blended pepper mix. Add the chopped pomo, a pinch of salt and 1 stock cube. Stir and cover the pot. Allow to cook for about 5 mins..
- Add the washed water leaves and washed smoked fish. Stir carefully and allow to cook. Leave the lid of the pot slightly open..
- Pour in the washed periwinkle add the remaining stock cubes and then pour in the washed ugu and uziza leaves..
- Sprinkle the powdered crayfish and then cover the pot. Allow to cook for 3-5 mins, stir, taste for seasoning and salt and then turn off the heat..
- Enjoy with swallow of choice. Personally I prefer semovita..
For example, some people choose to add onions, while others choose. This delicious soup edikaikong is made with a generous amount of proteinous ingredients which makes it rich in taste and flavour. Edikaikong is usually prepared with a combination of two different. Edikaikong is a Nigerian soup that is especially beloved because it is a valuable source of nutrition and vitamins. It is prepared with a combination of the following ingredients: crayfish, fish head stock.