Delicious Banga Soup.
You can cook Delicious Banga Soup using 13 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Delicious Banga Soup
- Prepare 1 of kilo of fresh palm fruits.
- You need 1 cup of dried belentete leaves.
- It’s 2 spoons of ground banga spices.
- You need 1 of banga stick.
- Prepare 1 of big catfish.
- It’s 1 of stock fish head.
- It’s 2 of dried catfish.
- Prepare 3 of seasoning cubes.
- You need 1 cup of crayfish.
- It’s 1 of small onion.
- It’s 1 cup of if dried prawns (oporo).
- It’s 1 cup of fresh yellow pepper.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Delicious Banga Soup step by step
- Wash the palm fruits thoroughly to get all the sand out then boil in water till soft..
- Transfer the palm fruits to the mortar and use the pistle to separate the flesh from the nuts..
- Use hot water to extract the fresh palm juice, sieve and transfer to a pot and put on the fire..
- Wash the stock fish thoroughly and put into the boiling liquid.
- Wash the dried fish thoroughly and put in the pot too..
- Meanwhile cut the catfish up and put into hot water for 1 minute then transfer into a bowl of cold water and set aside..
- Also pound the pepper, onion and crayfish together. Add the banga stick… It releases it's own unique taste into the soup..
- Transfer the pounded mix to the pot. Add the seasoning cubes and salt..
- Add the banga spices….the soup starts to thicken once u add the banga spices..
- Wash the dried prawns and add to the soup. Add the dried belentete leaves and stir..
- Taste for seasoning and adjust where necessary..
- Add the washed fresh catfish. Do not stir. Cover the pot and allow to cook till fish is done..
- Serve with hot semo or starch..