Spicy grilled sweetcorn slaw. This slaw stands out amongst the rest, with sweet, smoky, spicy that brings it all together. Place whole ears of sweet corn and whole jalapeno peppers on the hot grates. When they are nicely charred, rotate them until all sides are charred.
This sweet and spicy sauce will really make your grilled corn better than all the rest. The cayenne provides a good kick, but can be Heat grill to high. Meanwhile, in a small bowl add brown sugar, cayenne, salt. You can have Spicy grilled sweetcorn slaw using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spicy grilled sweetcorn slaw
- Prepare 2 of corn cobs.
- Prepare 1/2 of small cabbage.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- You need 3 of medium carrot.
- You need of oil to brush.
- Prepare 200 ml of water.
- You need 70 ml of white wine vinegar.
- It’s handful of chopped coriander leaves or 1 teaspoon of dried.
- It’s of chopped chilli for taste or cayenne pepper.
- You need 3 of large tablespoon of mayo or vegan alternative.
- It’s 3 tablespoon of creme fraiche or vegan alternative.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of mustard.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- You need 1 of large clove of garlic.
I grilled all day long and the sun never went behind a cloud. it was a beautiful thing. Kind of like these sammies or dogs or whatever we are They look SO GOOD! I would love to try your spicy Korean slaw as well. Grilled Fish Tacos with Lime Slaw.
Spicy grilled sweetcorn slaw instructions
- Peel and clean the vegetables. Turn on the grill to 180C, brush the corns with some oil and place them under the grill. Make sure you turn them regularly and grill them until they are golden brown..
- Shred the cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin, julienne the carrots and thinly slice the onion. The carrot and the cabbage go to one bowl and the onion to a separate one..
- Mix the water and vinegar in a pan and bring it to boil. Take the water and vinegar mix and pour 2/3 over the cabbage and carrot mix and the rest over the onion. Leave it for 20 minutes..
- Mix the mayonnaise, creme fraiche, mustard, lemon olive oil and crushed garlic together. Chop the chilli and the coriander and add them to the dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- After the 20 minutes squeeze the carrot and cabbage using your hand and drain the water off, repeat the same with the onion. When the corn is grilled let it cool a little and shave off from the cob. Mix all the ingredients and finally add the dressing and give it a good mix..
Rub the spiced butter on the corn, coating. completely. Wrap each ear of corn in aluminum foil and place on the. Grilled Corn with Bacon Mayo and Pecorino. An oil-and-vinegar dressing keeps this slaw from feeling heavy and greasy, and the spiciness is a good counterpart to sweet notes in barbecue sauces and glazes. This crunchy slaw is sweet, spicy and creamy thanks to corn, cayenne and sour cream.