You can have Fish Onigiri using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Fish Onigiri
- You need 2 Cups of Jasmine Rice.
- You need 1 can of tuna or salmon.
- You need 2 teaspoons of your choice of seasoning.
- You need 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 pack of seaweed chips.
- You need 4 cups of chicken or beef stock (optional and can replace water).
Fish Onigiri step by step
- Place your rice in a fine mesh strainer and rinse under cold water until the water runs clear. this makes it slightly less sticky and easier to mold into those triangle riceball shapes!.
- For most types of rice, you'll always use a ratio of 1 cup rice to 2 cups water. You CAN sub the water for chicken or beef stock to make the rice more flavorful..
- Bring water to a boil, THEN add the rice. The rice will cool the water down, but be sure to keep the water at the same temp until it's simmering again. Once simmering, set the stove top heat to low and cover the pot. Check every 10 minutes until the rice is completely cooked..
- Put the rice to the side once it's done, and open up a can of fish of your choice and mash it up in a bowl. Making the pieces minced will make it easier to put into the rice ball..
- Assemble! Using plastic wrap, a zip lock bag, or rice ball mold, combine seasoning, rice, and fish together. After, carefully guide the mixture into a triangle shape..
- Remove wrap or bag and place one seaweed chip at the base (the fatter end). The seaweed will get less stiff and more moist, making it flexible enough to wrap around the rice ball’s bottom..
- Plate and serve!.