Stollen. Stollen is a fruit bread of nuts, spices, and dried or candied fruit, coated with powdered sugar or icing sugar. It is a traditional German bread eaten during the Christmas season, when it is called Weihnachtsstollen (after "Weihnachten", the German word for Christmas) or Christstollen (after Christ). Перевод слова stolen, американское и британское произношение, транскрипция, словосочетания, примеры использования. Stollen is a buttery rich and dense German Christmas Fruit Cake/Bread.
Define stolen. stolen synonyms, stolen pronunciation, stolen translation, English dictionary definition of stolen. v. Past participle of steal. vb the past participle of steal v. From Middle English stolen, istolen, from Old English stolen, ġestolen, from Proto-Germanic *stulanaz, past participle of Proto-Germanic *stelaną ("to steal"), equivalent to stole + -en. You can have Stollen using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Stollen
- It’s 500 g of All-Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 100 g of Caster Sugar.
- Prepare 150 g of butter, softened.
- It’s 1 of egg + 1 egg yolk.
- It’s 100 g of sourdough starter.
- Prepare 200 ml of Whole Milk.
- It’s 0.5 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 2 drops of almond extract.
- You need 2 pinches of mixed spice.
- You need 7 g of salt.
- You need 200 g of raisins/currants/dried blueberries etc.
- You need 80 g of mixed candied peel.
- It’s 100 ml of cardamom coffee.
- You need 225 g of Marzipan.
- Prepare of melted butter.
- Prepare of icing sugar.
I baked it three times last Christmas season and have already baked a batch this year. However, he has an argument with Vincent. German Stollen should be made ahead of time and allowed to age three weeks. Christstollen is a rich yeast dough full of raisins, nuts, and candied fruit.
- Make dough by mixing flour, sugar, starter, butter, egg, milk, vanilla extract, almond extract and mixed spice. Work into a dough and then knead for a bit. Work in the salt and then knead some more. 7 minutes kneading in total..
- Leave to prove for 5hours at 20C. While it is proving, make a coffee. Not for you – we are going to soak the fruit in it. Ideally you want to make a double espresso with about 8 cardamom pods in it. (crack them, so liquid can get into the pods, but don't open them so the seeds fall out). Add the cardamom pods while the coffee is still hot, and then leave to sit at room temp for an hour or so..
- Remove the cardamom pods from the coffee and pour the coffee into a bowl containing the raisins and the mixed peel. Stir occasionally over the course of the next few hours (while the dough is still proving)..
- Make Marzipan (unless you just bought it)..
- When the dough has finished proving (it might have doubled in size, don't worry if it hasn't quite) drain any excess liquid from the fruit and work it into the dough by doing a series of folds. This becomes quite hard work when there is a lot of fruit. Don't worry if you can't get it all into the dough..
- When the fruit is evenly distributed, roll it flat to about 45cm x 35cm. Roll the Marzipan flat to 35cm x 20cm. place the Marzipan on top of the dough and roll it up so that you have a sausage-shaped loaf with a swirl of dough running through the centre. It should be quite big. Don't worry if there is exposed marzipan sticking out the end. This will turn into the most excellent burnt bits imaginable..
- Leave to prove for another 2 hours..
- Bake at 180C for 1 hr..
- Poke holes in the dough using a cake tester, then melt butter onto the surface and try to work it into the holes. When the Stollen has cooled, dust with icing sugar..
Stolen definition, past participle of steal. Example sentences from the Web for stolen. Interestingly, The Interview was the one movie that was not stolen and made available. Stolen begins at overdetermined, makes a pit stop at outright sadistic and winds up in the parking garage of ridiculous even for a movie of this sort.