Melanzane panini aubergine sandwiches. Meaning 'aubergine Parmesan' in Italian, this vegetarian bake with tomato and cheese is ideal for entertaining, from Make this classic bake, also known as melanzane parmigiana, for guests. It's made with tomato, aubergine and vegetarian mozzarella, and garnished with parmesan-style cheese. Aubergine Parmigiana (aka Melanzane alla Parmigiana) is one of my all-time favourite vegetarian dishes so I felt inspired to do another rendition.
If I were to go on a space mission and I had to eat the last meal on Earth before a diet of colorful pills, I would choose a lavish aubergine parmigiana, even if I were. Our melanzane parmigiana is the perfect comfort food. Top the provolone with turkey, ham and cheddar. You can have Melanzane panini aubergine sandwiches using 7 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Melanzane panini aubergine sandwiches
- It’s 1 of aubergine, washed and sliced into 8.
- Prepare Packet of ham.
- You need of Cheese of your choice, I used provolone, sliced quite thinly.
- It’s of Flour.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare of Breadcrumbs.
- You need of Oil for frying.
Place the two halves of the sandwiches together. Brush the top of the first sandwich with the melted butter. Aubergine parmigiana is one of the most iconic Italian dishes. It is made with fried aubergine slices, layered with tomato sauce, mozzarella and Parmigiano Reggiano.
Melanzane panini aubergine sandwiches instructions
- Prepare the flour, eggs and milk..
- Add a piece of cheese into a slice of ham. Fold up. Sandwich it between 2 slices of aubergine.
- Dip in flour, then the egg and then breadcrumbs. Seal edges as much as you can with your fingers.
- Heat oil in a large pan or wok. Fry on each side for about 6-8 minutes total, until golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper and enjoy 😀.
Aubergine parmigiana is a great appetiser or side dish. It also works really well for lunch, especially if served with a green salad. Panini sandwiches: crispy, gooey, and amazing. Sure, but that description could be applied to any grilled cheese sandwich. One common method for making panini sandwiches is on an electric panini grill.