Savoury mince. Savoury mince makes me a little nostalgic – when I was younger I visited my Nan every Tuesday for dinner, and more often than not she served us savoury mince with mashed potato and vegetables. Increase heat, add mince and dash of Worcestershire sauce- stir often to break up the lumps of mince and cook until mince has browned. Savoury Mince Recipe Savoury Mince is always a good stand by meal.
We love it for dinner, ladled over a baked potato and topped with cheese, or on hot buttered toast for breakfast. Savoury Mince is an easy and healthy weeknight dinner that is versatile too. Filled with plenty of vegetables including potato, carrot, celery and peas. You can cook Savoury mince using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Savoury mince
- Prepare 50 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 of onions, chopped.
- It’s 1 of green bell pepper.
- You need 1 can of tomatoes, peeled and chopped ( 400 grams).
- Prepare 1 of carrot, grated.
- Prepare 5 of spriggs of thyme, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- You need 60 ml of worcestershire sauce.
- You need 5 ml of garlic paste.
- Prepare 500 grams of beef mince.
- You need 120 ml of full cream milk.
- You need 8 tsp of spice for mince.
- Prepare 1 of salt to taste.
Nothing beats homemade savoury mince on toast. Savoury mince – this is a very versatile recipe and can be cooked on the hob, in the oven or in a Put the minced beef, chopped carrots, onion and green beans, a handful of mixed dried pulses (split peas. Tender beef mince simmered gently and flavoured with onion and black pepper for a delicious, savoury mince, ideal as a base for cottage pie or simply served with creamy mash for a warming. Well it is ground beef or mince meat as we call it, that is cooked up with diced onion, carrot and garlic then flavored with mustard, soy sauce and Worcestershire sauce.
Savoury mince instructions
- In a large frying pan on high heat, fry onions in olive oil for about 5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, green pepper and carrot. Reduce the heat to a medium to high heat and simmer for 10 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes).
- Add the thyme, pepper, garlic and worcestershire sauce. Simmer for 10 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes).
- Add the beef mince and simmer for 5 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes).
- Add the milk and salt, simmer for 5 minutes covered (stirring every 2-3 minutes).
- Reduce the heat to medium to low. Add the spices for mince (I use robertsons spice for mince).
- Simmer uncovered for 10 minutes.
Although sweet mince and savory mince have mincing in common, they look and taste very different. A simple Savoury mince crumble recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. This is my savoury mince recipe. I serve the mince with rice, pasta, nachos, lettuce, potato spuds, mashed potato, jaffles or wrapped in rice paper. For me, savoury mince says cabbage…mmm, cabbage… but use whatever vegetables you have on hand.