Chinese Lemon Chicken.
You can have Chinese Lemon Chicken using 24 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chinese Lemon Chicken
- It’s 500 g of chicken breast, cut into bite-size pieces.
- You need of Vegetable oil for frying.
- You need of Fried red capsicum for garnish.
- It’s Slice of lemon for garnish.
- You need of chicken marinate.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 of egg white.
- You need 1/2 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 3/4 teaspoon of sugar.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of chinese cooking wine.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce.
- It’s 1 tablespoon of corn starch.
- You need of coating flour mix.
- Prepare 100 g of corn flour.
- It’s 100 g of plain flour.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of baking powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare of LEMON SAUCE:.
- Prepare 4 tablespoon of honey.
- It’s 5 tsp of sugar.
- It’s 200 ml of water.
- You need of Lemon zest, from 2 lemons.
- Prepare 2 tsp of corn starch.
- You need 3 tbsp of lemon juice.
Chinese Lemon Chicken step by step
- For marinate the chicken: Cut the chicken breast into boneless bite-size..
- Add salt, egg white, white pepper, sugar, Shaoxing wine, light soy sauce, and cornstarch. Mix well..
- Marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator..
- For Coating the chicken for deep frying: Combine corn flour, plain flour, baking powder and salt as flour mix.
- Add the flour mix to the chicken pieces. Add more if it is insufficient to cover all the chicken. Any excess flour will fall off from the chicken..
- Shake off the excess flour. Deep fried in hot oil at 180°C/350°F for four minutes or when the color turns golden brown..
- Remove the chicken from the oil. Drain the oil on a kitchen towel and set aside..
- For making the lemon sauce: Place the sugar, constarch and water in a small pot or saucepan. Remove it when the sugar is dissolved, the sauce thickens and turns translucent..
- Set aside until it returns to room temperature..
- Add the honey, lemon juice, lemon zest to the cornstarch mixture that has cool down to room temperature. Mix well..
- Place the chicken on a large piece of lettuce..
- Drizzle the sauce on the chicken. Garnish with fried red capsicum and slices lemon..