You can have Berry-Coconut Friands using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Berry-Coconut Friands
- You need 1/2 C of unsalted butter (4oz / 113g).
- You need 1 C of almond meal.
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of sifted icing sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 C of plain flour.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 C of shredded coconut.
- Prepare 5 of egg whites (lightly whisked).
- It’s of Few drop of yellow food colouring.
- It’s of (Colour is optional).
- It’s 1/2 C of Fresh/frozen raspberry.
- Prepare of (Lightly drizzle & mix icing sugar on raspberries before using).
Berry-Coconut Friands step by step
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8 regular muffin wells with baking papers or nonstick spray. Alternatively, Small/mini cake molds can also be used (Omit spraying step if using silicone molds).
- Melt butter in microwave, set aside. In a separate bowl, lightly whisk egg whites..
- Combine almond meal, icing sugar, flour, baking powder and coconut in a bowl. Add egg whites & stir until combined. Add the slightly cooled butter & stir until thoroughly combined..
- Fill muffin wells or mini cake molds to about 2/3 full. Push 2-4 fresh/frozen raspberries into each molds. Note: Drizzle & mix berries with icing sugar before putting them into friands..
- Bake for about 20-25mins or until the tops are golden & springy & a toothpick test comes out clean. The centre should still be moist but not wet..
- Remove from silicone molds when cooled. If using muffin pan or mini cake mold, remove promptly & allow to cool before serving. Sprinkle icing sugar before serving (optional)..