Delicious Easy Clam Chowder.
You can have Delicious Easy Clam Chowder using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Delicious Easy Clam Chowder
- You need 5 medium of potatoes.
- You need 5 can of clam 6.5 oz.
- Prepare 1/2 packages of bacon.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cup of water or broth.
- It’s 1 of chopped onion.
- Prepare 1 of sprig of thyme.
- It’s 3 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 of parsley, roasted garlic optional.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- Prepare 4 cup of milk or half and half.
- Prepare 1 of Bread bowl optional.
- You need 7 tbsp of cornstarch.
Delicious Easy Clam Chowder step by step
- Turn on crockpot to high, add clam with its juice, broth and the chopped potato. I recommend peeling the potato first. Do not add the cream or milk..
- Chop onion then sautee onion in pan until soft for about 5 min. Add sauteed onion to crockpot and allow the contents to cook for 3 hours or when potatoes are soft..
- During the fourth hour of cooking, you'll want to add the milk or cream and cornstarch. Mix 7 tablespoons of cornstarch with one cup of milk or cream and then add it to the crockpot. We like our clam chowder hearty and a little thick. Stir. Add the remaining cups of milk or cream. Stir..
- Within the last hour, your soup will thicken. When its done to your liking, top will parsley, green onion, cheese, hot sauce and or bacon (basically whatever you want) and viola!.
- **** Bacon: I highly recommend oven baking your bacon. Less splatter, less mess and just as good..