Squash and sage pasta – can be vegan. This classic, vegan Roasted Butternut Squash Sauce with sage is a delicious accompaniment to your favorite pasta! It's healthy, surprisingly easy to make and need I say absolutely delicious! How to Make Vegan Butternut Squash Linguine.
This butternut squash pasta is an easy & healthy dish made with walnuts, sage, chickpeas, and spinach. Vegan & gluten-free options, weeknight friendly. I make this butternut squash pasta recipe when I'm craving fall comfort food. You can cook Squash and sage pasta – can be vegan using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Squash and sage pasta – can be vegan
- Prepare of About 2 cups of squash, peeled and chopped into 2cm -ish chunks – i used half an onion squash.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil – 1 for the squash, 1 for the onion etc.
- You need 1 of small yellow onion or 2 shallots, peeled and finely chopped.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of chopped fresh sage.
- It’s Handful of walnut pieces.
- You need of Sea salt and black pepper.
- You need of Your pasta of choice, enough for 2 people.
- You need of Optional: handful of cheese – grated pecorino or soft goats cheese.
It's so easy, and the sage & squash fill it with cozy autumn flavor. Healthy, delicious, and oh so comforting! Sage is kind of weird but I kind of adore it. Like can I pet you before I stuff you into a casserole and eat you?
Squash and sage pasta – can be vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 180C..
- Coat the squash with 1 tbsp of oil. Season. Roast for about 20 mins.
- Cook your pasta according to instructions – keep 1 tbsp or so of the cooking water..
- Heat the other 1 tbsp of oil in a large shallow pan..
- Add the onion and sauté for about 10 mins until translucent..
- Add the sage and sauté for 2 mins..
- Add the walnuts and roasted squash. If you’re using cheese, add now or at the next step. Cook for about 5 mins, stirring regularly..
- Take off the heat and add the pasta and saved cooking water. Season..
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped sage and/ or cheese. Enjoy 😋.
To make vegan butternut squash pasta: bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the pasta according to package directions. To fry the sage: melt the vegan butter in a frying pan then add the sage leaves. Butternut Squash With Pasta and Sage. Butternut squash, browned butter, and sage flavor this simple pasta dish and make it somewhat special. This is a delicious way to enjoy butternut squash, but you can also use another winter squash like kabocha or an edible pumpkin in this dish.