Duck and segmented orange salad. The orange gave it that mild tangy taste which goes very well with duck. Segment the orange, cut a small slice off the top and bottom of the orange. Then use a sharp knife to remove the peel, following the curve of the orange.
With killer croutons & toasted walnuts. Finely slice the duck, place on the toasts, dotting any extra slices in between, then add the oranges in and around. Dress the watercress with any resting juices on the board, then sprinkle over. You can have Duck and segmented orange salad using 6 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Duck and segmented orange salad
- It’s of duck breast.
- It’s of lettuce.
- Prepare of cabbage.
- It’s of orange.
- Prepare of oil.
- Prepare of vinegar.
If you've ever spotted those packets of pre-cooked duck in the supermarket, this is the salad to make use of them. Crisped up in the oven and shredded, the duck makes the perfect ingredient for a sophisticated salad using orange segments and seasonal leaves. Cool the duck and cut meat in fairly large pieces. Drain some of the fat released from the duck and then turn the breast over and cook for a further three minutes, until the flesh has browned and then transfer into the oven.
Duck and segmented orange salad step by step
- Pan fry the duck breast skin side down then place in the oven at 190 for about 5 minutes this will give you a nice pink breast.
- Lightly shred the cabbage chopping it finely then blanch it for about 40 seconds in boiler water then refresh it in ice water to stop it cooking..
- Take the lettuce and finely dice that into even ribbons that will be served raw for a nice texture..
- Segment an orange by removing all the skin the take away the segments. Slice the duck into thin strips this will make it easier to work with..
- Make a duck dressing using fresh juice from the orange some oil and vinegar this will dress the finally plated dish..
To assemble the salad place the micro salad leaves on the base of your dish, top with the beetroot and orange segments and pistachios. In a small ramekin stir together the lemon olive oil and balsamic vinegar until combined and. A Chinese-influenced salad of soft duck, crunchy radish and chicory and sweet orange- a casual supper, from BBC Good Food. Meanwhile, gently toss together the oranges, watercress, radishes, chicory and spring onions. Pour over reserved cooking liquid, then add the duck and arrange on a.