Chicken bhuna. This easy, healthy chicken curry is great for a weekend treat and is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser. No one could refuse a plate of this indulgent chicken bhuna. Chicken bhuna curry is a classic that you simply can't beat.
Chicken bhuna is always a takeaway favourite but tastes even better when made from scratch at home. Bhuna Chicken Recipe is a roasted gravy chicken curry and that is called as bhuna(roasted) which is sauteed well in chopped onions and slowly cooked to get that saucy gravy. Then add the remaining leftover masala and mix well, cover with a lid and cook until the chicken is cooked and the bhuna masala gets dried completely. You can cook Chicken bhuna using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken bhuna
- Prepare 6 of chicken drumsticks.
- It’s 1 cup of fried onions.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of turmeric powder.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1/4 tsp of nutmeg powder.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 5 of cardamoms.
- It’s 2 of cinnamon sticks medium size.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 3 of cloves.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of vegetable oil or butter.
Chicken Bhuna (or Bhuna Chicken depending on what you call it) is a "dry curry" which means the masala clings onto the chicken (rather than the chicken swimming in sauce). This Indian chicken curry is not only easy to make, but it also tastes fantastic. Enjoy with freshly cooked basmati rice and naan bread, if desired. Bhuna Chicken is the famous Indian chicken dish and considered as a lighter version of takeaway favorites.
Chicken bhuna step by step
- Take a deep pan. Pour oil. When the oil is hot add whole spices that is cardamom, bay leaves, cinnamon sticks and cloves. Put the flame in low. Fry them until the fragrance comes out..
- Now add all the drumsticks. Add some salt and fry them for couple of minutes. Then add ginger garlic paste. Mix them well. Then add rest of the ingredients. Add fried onions as well. Now keep stirring them until they get mixed with all the spices..
- Keep the flame in medium. Put the lid on. After 10mins take off the lid and check if you need to add water. Normally chicken can be cooked with its own water. But if needed can add some water. When the gravy will get thick and oil will come out that means it’s cooked. At the end you can garnish with some fried onions. It can be served with rice or Paratha or roti. 😌.
Boneless chicken pieces are smeared in tomato based gravy and cooked in fresh fragrance. Chicken Bhuna is one of the most popular curries that people order in restaurants. The recipe for Chicken Bhuna inspite of being categorized as 'resturant food'. 'Bhuna' means 'blanching in oil'. Ingredients for Chicken Bhuna Fry Recipe. If you like your chicken extra spicy, then Chicken Bhuna is the perfect dish for you!