Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱. Spicy and rich vegetarian ramen recipe made with soy milk and vegetarian dashi. Soy Milk – The Secret to Rich & Creamy Broth. The soy milk ramen in Japan is not necessarily vegetarian or vegan-friendly.
This creamy ramen broth is a bit different from your run of the mill ramen broth, but exceptionally delicious none the less. It's comprised of miso paste, dashi, and soy milk and then elegantly seasoned with white pepper and vegetable. Once you have the broth, you can get creative with what you want. You can have Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱 using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱
- It’s of Ramen noodles (around a handful per person).
- Prepare 2 cups of soy milk.
- You need 1 cup of dashi stock (see vegan dashi recipe separately).
- Prepare 1 handful of shiitake and straw mushrooms.
- You need of 1 tablespoon of miso.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of Kombu seaweed (optional).
- It’s 1 sheet of nori seaweed.
- It’s 1 cm of ginger (optional).
- Prepare 1 handful of veg of your choice (I used carrot and sliced cabbage).
Vegan instant ramen is an easy meal to make if you're a student, feeling lazy, low on groceries, or just needing an easy, quick fix for comfort food. As I do with many classic dishes, today I'm going to level-up a package of vegetable instant noodles and turn it into a quick vegan instant ramen. Get this recipe for Vegan Spicy Soy Milk Ramen recipe. Next, add sesame seeds and soy sauce.
Vegan Ramen with soy milk and seasonal veg 🌱 step by step
- Cook the ramen noodles according to instructions. I like them firm and so I add the noodles and bring to the boil, turn off the heat and leave to soak for 5 minute before draining..
- Heat the soy milk or ramen stock and add dashi stock, miso and mushrooms. If you wish you can add a little crushed ginger. Heat gently, being careful not to boil as the soup will foam. Taste and add a little more miso or dashI stock to your preference. Heat gently for around 10 minutes..
- Add the veg of your choice. I like them to be crispy so I just heat through. Place the noodles in a bowl, add a strip of nori and pour the soup on to the noodles..
- You can top the soup with toppings to your taste. Pickles, pickled veg, toasted sesame seeds, garlic or ginger, chilli powder, pickled cucumbers or cooked tofu..
Slowly add soy milk, and then ½ cup of vegan dashi. Add salt and pepper to taste. To serve, add a serving of cooked ramen noodles into a bowl. It instantly transforms a clear stock into a rich (still vegan!) ramen broth. The best part is…you can make the stock ahead of time and keep Add the miso paste and sesame oil, stirring until the miso paste is dissolved.