Cocoa Pasta with Cheese Sauce.
You can cook Cocoa Pasta with Cheese Sauce using 12 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cocoa Pasta with Cheese Sauce
- You need 90 gm of pasta flour 00.
- It’s 5 gm of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1 of egg.
- You need 2 tsp of extra virgin olive oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cold espresso coffee.
- Prepare of Melted Cheese or Bechamel Sauce to serve.
- You need of Bechamel Cheese Sauce.
- Prepare 30 gm of butter.
- You need 15 gm of plain flour.
- It’s 250 gm of milk.
- You need 100 gm of Tasty cheese or Pecorini grated.
- You need 1/2 tsp of nutmeg.
Cocoa Pasta with Cheese Sauce step by step
- Place flour and cocoa powder on a board, create a well in the centre and add the egg. Using a fork, beat the the egg well then gradually start to mix in with the surrounding flour.
- Continue to combine together with your hands, then add the oil and knead the dough for 5-10 mins until it is elastic.
- Cover the dough with cling wrap and place it in the refrigerator for 20-30 mins.
- Remove from the refrigerator, unwrap and lightly dust a large work surface with flour then roll your pasta into a large thin sheet using a rolling pin. Fold the dough into thirds, then roll it out again.
- Once you have rolled your dough to approx 0.5 mm thickness in a long rectangle shape, roll the sheet of dough loosely then cut thin (1-2 mm) slices at the short end of your roll to create a fettuccine or tagliatelle pasta.
- Stretch the pieces out to dry for approx 30 mins then create pasta nests.
- Add butter to a saucepan and heat gently.
- Add the flour and stir constantly until you have a smooth paste (a roux).
- Remove from the heat and add a little bit of the milk at a time whilst stirring to ensure you remove any lumps. Return to the the heat and continue stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Add your nutmeg, stir through, add cheese and stir until melted into the sauce then remove from the heat.
- Boil a pot of water and add the pasta for approx 5 mins then serve with melted cheese or bechamel sauce..