Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork.
You can have Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork
- Prepare 1 kg of pork butt or shoulder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce (your favourite).
- You need 1 tbsp of honey.
- It’s 1 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 can of Dr. Pepper (300ml dr. pepper).
- It’s 1 large of onion, sliced.
- It’s 3/4 tsp of garlic powder.
Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork instructions
- Set the oven to gas mark 3..
- Place onion in bottom of the casserole dish..
- Rub the outside of the pork with the salt, brown sugar, black pepper and garlic powder. Depending on your preference add more or less of each ingredient..
- Place the pork in the casserole dish..
- Pour the can of Dr. Pepper onto the pork..
- Seal with lid and cook for 7-8 hours..
- The meat should be very tender when removed from the dish. Place in a large shallow bowl..
- Using two forks shred the pork..
- Add the pork back into the dish..
- Stir the bbq sauce and honey together..
- Add the bbq sauce, and let the pork cook for an another 60 minutes or so..
- Add more bbq sauce over your meat if desired. Let it rest for 10-15 minute and serve..