Thai green chicken curry. To make the curry paste, peel, roughly chop and place the garlic, shallots and ginger into a food processor. Trim the lemongrass, remove the tough outer leaves, then finely chop and add to the processor. Authentic Thai green curry recipe from Pailin Chongchitnant of Hot Thai Kitchen!
Despite its complex flavours, it is actually quite easy to make at home! Make this savory chicken dish with Thai green curry paste, available in Asian markets, for a fast weeknight dinner. Tender boneless, skinless chicken pieces simmer in a sauce flavored with coconut milk, ginger, green onions, fish sauce, and soy sauce. You can have Thai green chicken curry using 28 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Thai green chicken curry
- It’s of Paste.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of sugar.
- You need Handful of fresh coriander- stalks and leaves.
- It’s 1 tbspn of fish sauce (soy sauce will do if you can’t get fish sauce).
- Prepare 1 of lime – zest.
- You need 1/2 of lime – juice.
- You need 1 of onions.
- You need 1 of spring onion.
- It’s 1 of thumb size piece of ginger.
- It’s 1 of thumb size piece of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of large chilli – I used red but green good too.
- Prepare 1 of tspn ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 of tspn ground cumin.
- It’s 1 piece of lemongrass or 1 teaspoon lemongrass paste.
- You need 1 tbspn of olive oil.
- Prepare of Grind black pepper.
- It’s of Curry.
- It’s 500 g of chicken breast cut into chunks.
- Prepare 1 tin of coconut milk (400 milk).
- You need 1/4 tin of water – use coconut milk tin.
- You need 1 tbspn of salt.
- Prepare of Fresh green veggies – I pre cooked fine green beans and tenderstem broccoli before adding them to the curry at the end. Any green veg will do.
- You need of Garnish.
- Prepare 1 of spring onion chopped small.
- You need 1 of large red chilli for garnish.
- It’s 1 handful of coriander.
- It’s of Lime wedge.
- It’s of Serve with Jasmin rice.
This easy green curry is made with chicken, coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lime. You'll have a stunning dish to admire, smell, and taste! Few dishes are as satisfying as a freshly made green curry. The curry paste itself, made here with fresh cilantro stems.
Thai green chicken curry step by step
- Blitz all the paste ingredients together till you get a smooth paste. Then fry the paste in a drizzle of olive oil for a couple of mins. Then add the chicken breast and cook for another few mins till brown..
- Then add the coconut milk, water and salt. Stir and simmer for 10/15 mins or so till fragrant and chicken is cooked through. Add cooked veggies the end and serve over Jasmin rice and garnish. Easy and yummy !!.
My deliciously rich and aromatic Thai green chicken curry recipe with homemade curry paste. I'll show you how to make it mild or spicy with a vibrant creamy sauce. We used to buy a green (brown) curry paste that was relatively mild. I think it was the one made by Thai Taste. Whichever way you go, the one essential step to make a really great green curry is to fry off the curry paste.