You can cook Moi Moi using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Moi Moi
- It’s 11/2 cups of Brown beans.
- You need 1/2 of bulb Medium onion.
- You need 1 of Tatashe.
- You need 3 of Scotch bonnet pepper (ata Rodo).
- It’s 4 of Eggs (boil and peel 2 of the eggs).
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Ground crayfish.
- It’s 3 Tablespoons of Palm oil.
- It’s 1 of cksp veg oil.
- Prepare 2 of Bouillon cube (Maggi).
- Prepare of Salt (to taste).
Moi Moi step by step
- Pre soak beans in warm water, Peel the beans, rinse and remove beans skin.
- Combine beans, tatashe, pepper, onion and a cup of water in a blender, blend until you have a very smooth batter.
- Pour the batter into a large bowl, Crack the left over eggs into the batter; add salt, veg oil, crayfish and bouillon cube to batter..
- Mix the batter thorough; taste and adjust for seasoning.
- Add water to a large pot, set on high heat and bring to a boil Oil the moi moi cup, pour batter into the pan, add in the sliced boiled eggs, pour in the left over batter and cover..
- Cover the pot tightly with some aluminum foil, place a tight lid over the pot and reduce the heat to medium. Steam for 50-60 minutes.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool..