Chicken in Milk. Perhaps an odd combination but Chicken in Milk is a fantastic recipe that must be tried; it's a simple chicken dish, great served with potato and veg. Milk, cinnamon, and chicken were three things I wouldn't ever think to combine; it sounded Get the recipe: Chicken in Milk at Jamie Oliver's website. Note: I notice that he's changed the instructions to.
Jamie Oliver's famous Chicken in Milk. It sounds weird, and you'll be dubious when you read the There is no denying this is an odd combination of ingredients. But I promise you, this Chicken in Milk. You can have Chicken in Milk using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Chicken in Milk
- Prepare 1 1/2 kg of chicken, either whole or in pieces.
- Prepare 2 of lemons, zest only.
- It’s 1 of cinnamon stick.
- It’s 4 of fresh sage leaves.
- You need 10 of garlic cloves, in their jackets.
- It’s 50 ml of (approximately) olive oil, extra virgin or butter.
- You need of sea salt.
- It’s of freshly ground black pepper.
- Prepare 550 ml of milk.
The milk breaks apart in the acidity and heat to become a ropy and fascinating sauce, and the garlic Season the chicken aggressively with the salt and pepper. Place a pot that will fit the chicken snugly. "Chicken in Milk" was odd yet intriguing, and I cooked it right away. The aroma was amazing, and the chicken ranked with the most tender I've ever consumed. I made the recipe several more times.
Chicken in Milk instructions
- Preheat oven to 190c/gas mark 5/ 375°F. And season the chicken generously..
- In a deep heavy pan brown the chicken in olive oil..
- Times vary depending on the size of the chicken. My chicken was cut into medium pieces so it took about 5-10 minutes to brown the chicken. Turn the chicken a few times to get an even colour all over..
- Transfer chicken to a plate. In the original recipe it's recommended you remove the excess fat. Don't throw it away as it has good flavour and you can use it to make roast potatoes or in a different dish..
- Put the chicken back into the pot. Pour in the milk and add in the lemon zest, cinnamon stick, fresh sage, salt and scatter the garlic cloves in the pan..
- Cover with lid and transfer to the oven. Bake for 60 minutes. Baste with the juices occasionally..
- Remove lid and bake for a further 30 minutes..
- Let it rest for 10 minutes. Then to serve pull the meat off the bone. On the plate spoon the juices over the meat..
Soaking chicken in milk will yield you a better result in its taste. So, if you are asking what wonders they do to your favorite chicken recipe, you can actually try it out by using the marinades listed in this. The kind of cold that we Southern Californian's don't often get Roasting the chicken thighs in milk makes the chicken very tender. The chicken gets fall off the bone tender, and the lemon breaks the milk into this wonderful, curdy, lemony delicious sauce. It may look a little weird with the split milk in the sauce, but I dare you not to.