Chicken stew & dumplings. This Chicken Stew is a one pot dinner that's easy enough for midweek and a firm favourite with all! Chicken Stew – with crispy skin! Anyone else here not a fan of slimy chicken skin??
Chicken Stew is just what you need to cozy up to after a long day! It calls for simple ingredients that Chicken Stew. It's the best dinner in the fall and winter and it's just what. You can cook Chicken stew & dumplings using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken stew & dumplings
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 8 of skinless / boneless chicken thighs.
- It’s 100 grams of bacon or ham diced.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 of leeks thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 100 ml of white wine or cider.
- Prepare 500 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 100 grams of peas, frozen or fresh.
- It’s 100 grams of sundried tomatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of green pesto.
- Prepare 1 of bay leaf.
- Prepare of Dumplings:.
- You need 175 grams of self raising flour.
- Prepare 75 grams of butter.
- It’s 50 grams of grated parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Giada De Laurentiis. Chicken stews are just about the most comforting comfort foods out there. Find recipes for slow cooker chicken stews, chicken and dumplings, Brunswick stew, fricassee, and. Peanut Chicken Stew Recipe A lot of times, when people say a soup is thick enough to be a meal Chicken Stew with Olives and Lemon Recipe The succulent texture and robust flavor of chicken.
Chicken stew & dumplings step by step
- Heat oil in ovenproof pan or dish, fry chicken until golden,turning as neccesary, remove from pan.
- Lower heat, Place bacon/ ham in pan and fry for a couple of minutes, add onion and leeks, cook until soft, without browning..
- Add plain flour and stir, cook for two minutes,without browning, stir constantly.
- Slowly add the wine, or cider still stirring, stir in stock, season. Allow to thicken..
- Replace chicken, add bayleaf, reduce heat, put on lid simmer for 45 minutes, stir occasionally..
- Meanwhile heat oven to 200C..
- Add pesto, peas and tomatoes..
- Make dumplings, rub butter & self raising flour together until it looks like breadcrumbs, add cheese and lightly stir in 80 ml cold water to form a soft dough. You can add ground black pepper or pinch of grated nutmeg at breadcrumb stage. No need for salt as cheese is salty enough!.
- Divide in to 8 pieces and roll into balls, dip tops into pine nuts then place on top of stew. Sprinkle any leftover pine nuts on top..
- Place in oven for 25-30 minutes until dumplings are nicely golden and cooked..
- Serve with vegetable of choice (creamed potato goes well) Enjoy.
This Chicken Stew is the perfect meal on a cold day. Hearty, thick, and delicious, you'll love sitting down to a bowl of this stew. Chorizo is chicken stew's perfect partner – just ask Simon Rimmer and Lisa Faulkner. Utterly comforting and delicious, and still really easy, chicken stew never fails to please. Chicken stew takes much lesser time.