Easy Tandoori chicken skewers. slimming world chicken skewers and wedges. Traditionally made in a tandoor, these tandoori chicken skewers taste great cooked on a barbecue or grill. Thread the chicken onto skewers and place on the baking tray.
You must be logged in to favorite a recipe. Place the chicken in the marinade and massage it into the meat. Top tip for making Tandoori chicken skewers. You can cook Easy Tandoori chicken skewers using 13 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Easy Tandoori chicken skewers
- It’s 500 g of chicken thigh fillets.
- It’s 1/2 of onion (fine dice).
- Prepare 3-4 of heaped tbsp yogurt.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic (crushed).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of curry powder (depending on how spicy you like it).
- It’s Pinch of chilli powder to taste.
- You need of Little zest and squeeze of lime.
- It’s of Salt, pepper.
- Prepare of accompaniments.
- Prepare of Pilau rice.
- It’s of Fresh coriander (garnish).
- You need 2 of lime wedges (garnish).
Tandoori curry paste has a medium hot flavour; if you prefer something spicier use a Madras paste. For a milder flavour use korma or tikka masala paste. Instead of serving with rice, remove cooked chicken and peppers from skewers and serve in warm. Make tandoori chicken on your grill!
Easy Tandoori chicken skewers step by step
- Soak the wooden skewers in enough cold water to cover. Mix the onion, puréed garlic, yogurt and other marinade ingredients together. (You could use a paste instead of powder) feel free to add additional spices/aromatics. Taste and season (remember it needs to be quite intense to get a decent amount of flavour into the chicken)..
- Dice the thighs into 1inch chunks and add to the marinade, massage in. Cover and refrigerate for anywhere between 2hours-overnight. The longer the better..
- Thread the marinaded chicken onto the skewers. Grill under a preheated hot grill to colour and char evenly. Serve on a bed of pilau rice, garnish with fresh coriander and lime wedge..
Chicken legs marinated in lemon juice, yogurt, and aromatic spices. Tandoori chicken gets its name from the bell-shaped tandoor clay oven which is also used to make naan, or Indian flatbread. These chicken skewers are always the belle of the barbecue. They are well-spiced, tender and truly delicious. Serve them as a starter, main course or side dish.