Chicken tikka masala 🍛. This is an easy recipe for Chicken Tikka Masala–chicken marinated in yogurt and spices and then served in a tomato cream sauce. Serve with rice or warm flatbreads. It's a spicy, tomato-based dish seasoned with garlic, ginger, fenugreek and garam masala.
For this chicken tikka masala recipe, the yogurt helps tenderize the chicken; the garlic, ginger, and spices in the marinade infuse it with lots of flavor. Butter chicken turned into chicken tikka masala when restaurant chefs started using boneless tandoori chicken kebabs (chicken tikka) in order to meet the growing demand for the dish. Chicken tikka masala is composed of chicken tikka, boneless chunks of chicken marinated in spices and yogurt that are roasted in an oven, served in a creamy curry sauce. You can cook Chicken tikka masala 🍛 using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken tikka masala 🍛
- It’s of chicken marinade.
- It’s 3 of boneless, skinless chicken breasts (cut to bite size) or 6 chicken thighs.
- You need 1/2 cup of plain yogurt (125 g).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It’s 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Masala blend.
- Prepare of sauce.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, finely chopped or minced.
- You need 2 tbsp of minced garlic.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of masala blend.
- You need 2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of tomato puree.
- You need 1 tin of tomato.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- You need 1 cup of yogurt.
- You need 1/4 cup of fresh coriander, for garnish.
And the chicken is perfectly tender with the creamiest, most flavor-packed sauce ever! Slice the chicken into bite-sized chunks. Combine the cubed chicken with the yogurt, lemon juice, garlic, ginger, salt, cumin, garam masala, and paprika and stir until well-coated. Line a high-sided baking pan or roasting tray with parchment paper.
Chicken tikka masala 🍛 instructions
- Combine the chicken with the sauce ingredients, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, or overnight..
- Fry your chicken on a hot pan or griddled pan or bake in the oven to 500°F (260°C) for 15 min until slightly dark brown on the edges..
- To make the sauce: Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat, then sauté the onions, ginger, and garlic until tender. Add Bigbowse masala spices and stir constantly for about 30 seconds, until the spices are fragrant. Stir in the tomato puree, tomato sauce, and water, then bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes. Pour some yogurt in..
- Remove the chicken from the oven and add to the sauce mix, cooking for another 2-3 minutes. Add some more yogurt if prefer. Garnish with coriander and serve over saffron rice, pickled spicy vegetables and naan bread..
Chicken Tikka Masala is creamy and easy to make right at home in one pan with simple ingredients! Full of incredible flavours, it rivals any Indian restaurant! Aromatic golden chicken pieces in an incredible creamy curry sauce, this Chicken Tikka Masala recipe is one of the best you will try! Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. The dish has turned out to be extremely popular but be advised that it's very spicy when the recipe proportions are adhered to.