You can cook Homemade Waffles: using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Homemade Waffles:
- Prepare 1 cup of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of granulated white sugar.
- Prepare 1 of large egg, lightly beaten.
- You need 1 cup of milk, at room temperature.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter, melted and cooled to room temperature.
Homemade Waffles: instructions
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg and milk. Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, along with the melted butter, and stir (or whisk) just until combined..
- Preheat your waffle machine. Then, depending on your machine's instructions, you may need to lightly grease with a oil. Spoon or pour about 1/4 to 1/2 cup of batter (or amount that is recommended in your waffle iron's instruction book) onto one side of the hot waffle iron. Take the back of a spoon, or small heatproof offset spatula, and smooth out the batter. Close the lid of your waffle machine and bake until brown and crisp..
- It is best to serve the waffles immediately with butter and maple syrup or honey, jam, or fruits. They are also very good when served as a dessert with fresh berries and whipped cream OR Ice cream. Enjoy !.