Goats cheese lentil salad. I make this hearty lentil salad when I get fed up with hasty on-the-go lunches and am craving something wholesome. It's made with French Add cooled lentils and toss to combine. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary.
The key here is to add the dressing while the lentils are still warm, even if you don't plan on serving the salad warm. French lentils (also called puy lentils) have a wonderful earthy flavor and are worth seeking out to make this recipe. They're tossed with snipped fresh herbs, a sherry vinaigrette, grape tomatoes, and crumbled goat cheese. You can cook Goats cheese lentil salad using 10 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Goats cheese lentil salad
- It’s 1 of small roll of goats cheese.
- You need 1 tin of puy lentils.
- Prepare of Red onion diced.
- It’s of Glove of garlic crushed.
- Prepare of Small bunch of chives.
- It’s 50 g of wallnuts.
- It’s 2 of lemon.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- You need of White wine vinegar.
- You need leaves of Salad.
Add a few grinds of pepper and mix in the parsley, nuts, and goat cheese. Taste, and add additional salt, if desired. I serve the salad at room temperature or warm. This combination of earthy lentils, tangy goats' cheese and fragrant basil is really satisfying.
Goats cheese lentil salad instructions
- Chop walnuts and chives finely.
- Roll cheese in the nuts, wrap in clingfilm and out in the fridge.
- Rinse and cook lentils as instructed on the cans.
- Finley chop the red onion and garlic add the white wine vinegar and olive oil plenty of salt and pepper..
- Drain lentils. Now here's a tip poor the dressings on the lentils whilst they are warm. Taste sensation serve on a bed of leaves slice the cheese a d a good lemo wedge..
Serve it with salad leaves and crusty bread. They're hearty, healthy, and (most importantly) resilient, holding up well for days in the fridge. I make a huge batch of some sort of Suggested tweaks: While Lebovitz uses parsley, walnuts, and goat cheese, you could mix-and-match different herbs, nuts, and cheese as you'd like. Combine lentils and dressing in a serving dish, and top with remaining goat cheese. A superhealthy salad that makes a satisfying autumn lunch, from BBC Good Food.