🍫🍮Sticky Toffee Pudding🍮🍫.
You can have 🍫🍮Sticky Toffee Pudding🍮🍫 using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍫🍮Sticky Toffee Pudding🍮🍫
- You need 200 g (7 oz) of stoned and chopped dates.
- You need 150 g (5 oz) of brown sugar 150 g (5 oz) plain flour.
- Prepare 60 g (2 oz) of butter 2 eggs.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla essence 1 tsp baking soda.
- You need of For the toffee sauce.
- You need 200 g (7 oz) of brown sugar.
- It’s 190 g (6 oz) of butter 250 ml (9 fl oz) whipping cream.
🍫🍮Sticky Toffee Pudding🍮🍫 step by step
- Put the dates in a bowl, add the baking soda, and pour on 250 ml (9 fl oz) of hot or boiling water. Leave to stand while you prepare the rest of the batter..
- Cream together the butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs one at a time. Sieve in the flour and fold it into the mixture..
- Add in the dates with their liquid, together with the vanilla essence. Mix well and pour into a well-greased 8″ (20 cm) cake tin. (Use a smaller tin for a thicker cake) Bake at 180°C for 35 minutes. Check with a skewer to ensure it is cooked. Leave to cool while you make the sauce… Melt the butter in a pan, add the sugar and the cream and bring to the boil gently with stirring..
- Simmer the sauce gently for 5 minutes with stirring. Turn the cake out onto a plate and bodge lots of holes in it with a chopstick. Pour on about half of the sauce, ensuring that the holes fill up with sauce. Leave for 30 minutes. To serve, pour some warmed sauce onto a slice of the cake. Drool!.
- #Tips: If you don’t like dates you can add other dried fruits like apricots or prunes or raisins, but dates are definitely best! Crème fraiche can be substituted for whipping cream if you need to. Serve with cream, custard or ice-cream but make sure you serve smallish portions..