Lavin's Butter Chicken (Murg Makhani).
You can have Lavin's Butter Chicken (Murg Makhani) using 22 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Lavin's Butter Chicken (Murg Makhani)
- Prepare of Marination.
- It’s 1000 g of Chicken for Marination.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of mustard oil.
- Prepare 5 tbsps of yogurt.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- It’s 1 tbsps of butter.
- Prepare 2 tbsps of ghee.
- You need 1-2 of green chilli.
- You need of I kilo tomatoes chopped.
- You need half of tbsp crushed ginger.
- It’s 1 tbsp of crushed garlic.
- It’s to taste of Salt.
- It’s 3-4 of green cardamoms.
- You need 2 of charcoal pieces.
- You need 1 tbsp of ghee to fry 1 black cardamom 1 mace ¼ tsp green cardamom powder ½ tsp garam masala ½ tsp cinnamon powder / one stick cinnamon.
- It’s 4-5 tbsps of cream + for garnish.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsps of honey.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of dried fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi) roasted, powdered + for garnish.
Lavin's Butter Chicken (Murg Makhani) step by step
- Method – 1) Add chicken, turmeric powder, mustard oil, yogurt, salt, 1 tsp red chilli powder, coriander powder in a bowl. Mix well. Set aside and marinate for 1 hour. 2) To prepare the gravy, heat a non-stick deep pan, add 1 tbsp butter let it melt and add tomatoes, ginger, garlic, salt and 2-3 green cardamoms open and add. Cook till tomatoes turn pulpy. Switch off heat. Set aside to cool down. 3) Heat a grill pan, drizzle oil and spread it, add marinated chicken pieces one by one and fry.
- 4. Transfer cooked gravy mixture into a blender, and grind to a fine paste. 5. Transfer the blended mixture into a sieve and sieve the mixture in a bowl by pressing with a spatula to make the gravy smooth. 6.Heat remaining ghee and remaining butter in a non-stick pan, let it melt. Add black cardamom, crush a mace and add, break and add remaining green cardamom. Sauté till fragrant.Add green chillies and fry for a minute..
- 7. Add remaining red chilli powder, blended gravy and mix well. Add salt, a pinch of green cardamom powder, a pinch of garam masala and mix well. Add 1/3 cup to ¼ cup water. Cook for 2-3 minutes and add the chicken. Cover and cook on medium heat till chicken is cooked completely for 10-15 minutes 8. Add cream, sugar, remaining green cardamom powder, ¼ tsp roasted and powdered Kasuri methi. Mix well. Cook for a minute and switch off heat. Smoke the gravy with charcoal.And you're done! Enjoy :-).