Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken.
You can cook Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken using 19 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken
- Prepare of Fried Chicken.
- Prepare 500 G of Boneless Chicken.
- Prepare 2 TBSP of Shaoxin.
- You need 2 TBSP of Minced Ginger.
- It’s 1 TBSP of Fine Sea Salt.
- Prepare 1/2 TBSP of Grounded Blackpepper.
- It’s 1 Cup of Potato Starch.
- It’s of Cooking oil for deep frying.
- It’s of Sauce.
- It’s 3 TBSP of Ketchup.
- It’s 2-2.5 TBSP of Gochujang Sauce.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Honey.
- You need 1/4 of Brown Sugar.
- You need 2 TBSP of Soy Sauce.
- It’s 2 TBSP of Minced Garlic.
- You need 1 TBSP of Sesame Oil.
- You need of Garnish.
- It’s of Roasted Sesame Seed.
- Prepare of Spring Onions (Finely Chopped).
Korean Popcorn Fried Chicken instructions
- Add all sauce ingredients into a small saucepan and set it aside.
- Dice chicken into bite size and put them into a mixing bowl.
- Mix chicken evenly with rice wine, ginger, salt and black pepper.
- Coat it evenly with potato starch.
- Pour oil into a deep saucepan and heat it till boiling point at 175 degree Celsius.
- Put some coated diced chicken in to fry for 2-3 minutes (Do not overcrowd).
- Repeat process until it’s all finished.
- Fry the fried chicken again for 2-3 minutes for that extra crunch (Do not over crowd).
- Sap it with kitchen paper towel to soak up excess oil.
- Set it aside.
- Put the small saucepan with sauce onto a stove and heart it on a low-medium heat until it starts to bubble (Keep stirring during this process).
- Remove from the heat once it starts to bubble.
- Pour sauce over the chicken in a big mixing bowl and mix it around until it’s evenly coated.
- Sprinkle garnish over it.