Vermicelli Cake Pudding. Bring milk, sugar, and cardamom seeds to a boil in a saucepan. Guyanese Vermacelli Cakes, step by step Video Recipe II Real Nice Guyana (HD). Vermicelli Cake – It was only until I started tasting other people's cooking that made me realize that my mom really knows Vermicelli cake, also called vam-a-zelli in Guyanese patois, is a dessert made.
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu! This recipe is for Seviyan which is a creamy and delicious traditional Pakistani vermicelli pudding. Heat ghee in a pan and fry vermicelli until light brown, turning frequently. You can cook Vermicelli Cake Pudding using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vermicelli Cake Pudding
- It’s 1 packet of Fruit cake.
- It’s 3 cups of milk.
- You need 1 cup of vermicelli, roasted (seviyaan).
- You need as needed of teaspoon ghee (optional).
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of raw sugar (can use regular white sugar).
- You need 1 tsp of teaspoon cardamom powder.
- You need 1 tablespoon of almonds chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chopped cashews.
- You need 1 tbsp of raisins.
Vermicelli Pudding, also known as Seviyan Kheer is a very popular Indian recipe. Learn how to make/prepare Vermicelli Pudding by following this easy recipe. It's slowly cooked milk reduced to the thickness of double cream and set with vermicelli and cardamom, decorated with pistachios, cashews and sultanas. Vermicelli Pudding – Made with milk and dry fruits this Vermicelli Pudding has a delicate taste and texture.
Vermicelli Cake Pudding step by step
- Place pan over medium flame and heat the milk, stirring often until it is near boiling (should take 10 minutes). Scrape the walls and base of the pan while heating, to prevent the milk sticking..
- Lower heat to med-low, and cook uncovered, stirring every 5 minutes until the milk is reduced by about 1/3..
- Add the roasted vermicelli into the reduced hot milk. The vermicelli can be broken into smaller pieces first to make it easier to handle..
- The vermicelli will soften after 2-3 minutes. Add the ghee and mix it through. Continue to cook seviyaan over med-low a further 7-8 minutes..
- Stir through the cardamom powder, then let the seviyaan thicken over med-low heat for another 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent the mixture sticking.Add sugar and dry fruits..
- Now take the fruit cake slices.Arrange them in a plate.Spread hot vermicelli kheer upon the cake slices.Garnish with chopped dry fruits..
Vermicelli Pudding – They say that the way to husband's heart is through the stomach. Vermicelli is one of the common ingredients used to cook dessert in most of the Indian household. Let us try something different today. Here is an interesting recipe using vermicelli but with an Italian. Vermicelli Kheer, a delicious Indian dessert made with milk and vermicelli strands is often served as a sweet accompaniment in lunch or dinner.