Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef Salad with Jersey Royals.
You can cook Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef Salad with Jersey Royals using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef Salad with Jersey Royals
- You need 170 g of medallion beef steak,.
- You need Half of a bag (approx 75g) mixed leaf salad,.
- Prepare 1 handful of Rocket leaves,.
- It’s 1/2 of a Yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced,.
- Prepare 150 g of Jersey Royal potatoes, cut in halves,.
- Prepare 2 of Spring onions, sliced thinly,.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce,.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Sesame seeds,.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of cornflour,.
- You need 1/4 tsp of chinese five spice,.
- It’s 1 pinch of white pepper,.
- Prepare of Salt to season.
- You need of Frylight or cooking oil for frying.
Crispy Sweet Chilli Beef Salad with Jersey Royals step by step
- In a medium saucepan on high heat boil some water on the hob and add the jersey royal potatoes and cook until they are soft enough to run a knife through easily, (probably 12-16 mins). Once cooked turn off the heat drain them and set them aside..
- Cut the steak into thin strips and in a bowl add the cornflour, some salt to season and a pinch of white pepper. Add the five spice then the beef strips. Using your hands toss the beef in the seasoned flour until completely coated. Set aside..
- In a bowl add the salad leaves, rocket, bell pepper and spring onion and 1 tbsp of sweet chilli sauce. Add the cooked potatoes and gently toss together to evenly distribute all the ingredients and until the leaves are lightly coated with the chilli sauce..
- Heat up a frying pan over a medium to high heat and add a few sprays of Frylight or around 1tbsp of cooking oil. Once hot add the beef strips and cook for a few minutes, turning occasionally until cooked through and crisp on the outside..
- Lay out a couple of bits of kitchen towel and place the cooked beef on it to soak up any excess oil from frying. Plate the mixed salad onto a plate or alternatively in a shallow bowl..
- Top with the crispy beef, add another tbsp of sweet chilli sauce dotted around on top of the bits of beef and a light scattering of sesame seeds as garnish..
- 440kcals per portion..