🍗🥗CHICKEN JALFREZI🍗🥗. Instead of calling the Indian takeaway, make your own easy chicken jalfrezi. Learn How To Make Chicken Jalfrezi Recipe from Chef Neelam Bajwa only on Get Curried. Make this easy Chicken Jalfrezi Curry at your home and share your.
To serve, spoon the chicken jalfrezi onto serving plates. Serve with rice, naan and lime wedges on the side, then garnish with the chopped coriander and sliced red. Homemade Chicken Jalfrezi in a deliciously thick, spicy sauce. You can have 🍗🥗CHICKEN JALFREZI🍗🥗 using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 🍗🥗CHICKEN JALFREZI🍗🥗
- You need 1/3 cup of oil/ghee 2 onions thinly sliced (or make a paste).
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves grated or crushed 3 cm ginger grated.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of red chilli powder (or to taste,.
- You need of or use chilli flakes, fresh chillies, if you prefer).
- You need 2 teaspoons of cumin seeds ground.
- You need 2 teaspoons of coriander seeds ground.
- You need 1 teaspoons of garam masala 1teaspoons turmeric powder.
- It’s 600 g of skinless chicken breast.
- You need 1 of red bell pepper sliced 1 green bell pepper sliced.
- Prepare 400 g of tin chopped tomatoes.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt and black pepper to taste.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of fresh coriander chopped,extra for garnish.
Homemade Chicken Jalfrezi in a deliciously thick, spicy sauce. I love this for a quick weeknight meal when I'm craving a good curry. This Chicken Jalfrezi recipe is one of the easiest curries to prepare. Traditionally, it is make with leftover meat from a large Sunday roast.
🍗🥗CHICKEN JALFREZI🍗🥗 step by step
- Put the oil into a deep, wide saucepan or sauté pan. Add the onion and cook on a gentle heat, with the lid on, for about 3 minutes, until the onions are softened but not brown. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli, cumin, coriander, garam masala and turmeric. Stir well and cook for 2 more minutes with the lid off. Add a splash of water if it gets too dry..
- Next add in the chicken. Stir well to coat the meat in the onions and spices and then add the sliced peppers, chopped tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring the curry to the boil and then turn down the heat to medium-low and cook for 15 minutes with the lid off, or until the chicken has cooked through and the sauce has reduced to your liking..
- Stir occasionally. Stir in the chopped fresh coriander (cilantro) and remove from the heat. Serve with plain boiled rice, pilau rice and/or naan breads. Garnish with more chopped coriander (cilantro)..
- #Notes: I have only used one teaspoon of chilli powder in my recipe – which results in a medium strength curry – as I like to make my food family friendly and this is about as hot as my kids can handle! However normally jalfrezi is a little hotter than this, so do put in more chilli if you like your jalfrezi hot!!.
I didn't have any leftovers from my Sunday dinner but I have used cooked chicken to make the curry and cooking method more authentic. Try our chicken jalfrezi curry recipe. Jalfrezi is an Indian Chinese curry with a dry thick sauce. A quick and easy chicken curry idea with a spice blend. Chicken Jalfrezi is a delicious, thick and rich curry which can be enjoyed with the whole family thanks to the plenty of flavour in the warming chicken dish.