Stuffed Leg Lamb, roast potatoes & gravy..
You can have Stuffed Leg Lamb, roast potatoes & gravy. using 19 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed Leg Lamb, roast potatoes & gravy.
- You need 2 kg of whole leg of lamb.
- It’s 3 tsp of coarse salt.
- Prepare 3 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It’s 1 of olive oil.
- You need 2 large of onions, peeled and roughly chopped.
- You need 2 large of carrots, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 8 medium of potatoes, peeled and cut in half.
- It’s 300 ml of red wine.
- You need 500 ml of chicken stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- You need of stuffing.
- You need 2 tbsp of garlic, minced.
- You need 4 tbsp of fresh parsley, chopped.
- It’s 2 tbsp of fresh rosemary, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 cup of fresh bread crumbs.
- You need 100 grams of pine nuts, roasted and crushed.
- You need 3 tbsp of basil pesto.
- Prepare 2 large of egg yolks.
- You need 1 medium of lemon, zest and juice.
Stuffed Leg Lamb, roast potatoes & gravy. instructions
- Preheat your oven to 220ºC. Turn the leg of lamb upside down on a chopping board, de bone and cut flat open (if you don't know how to do this you can ask your butcher)..
- Make your stuffing by mixing the following ingredients; garlic, parsley, rosemary, bread crumbs, pine nuts, basil pesto, egg yolks, lemon zest and lemon juice..
- Place the lamb fat side down. Rub the stuffing on the lamb, then roll the meat up over and tie it tightly with string, Drizzle over a little olive oil, pat this into the lamb and season with coarse salt and pepper..
- Mix together your chicken stock and red wine. Place your roughly chopped onion and carrot in a roasting tray. Put your rolled up lamb on top of the onions and carrots. Roast for about an hour and a half. After the 1st 30 minutes add the potatoes and start basting the lamb every 15 minutes by pouring a swig of wine and stock mixture over the meat and potatoes until the meat is cooked. When cooked, transfer the lamb to a board or platter to rest while you make your gravy..
- Spoon off most of the fat from your tray, then put it on the hob over a low heat. Add the flour and mash everything together with a potato masher. Add the remaining wine and stock mixture (if any left) and bring to the boil. Scrape all the goodness from the bottom of the pan as you go. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes..
- Strain your gravy into a serving jug, using a ladle to push all the goodness through. Discard any veg or meat left behind. At this point, your lamb will have been resting for around 12-15 minutes and will be ready to be sliced and served..
- Here is a few suggestions for side dishes to accompany the lamb. https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/362192-the-best-roast-potatoes https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/338924-curry-pasta-salad https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/341572-garlic-mashed-potatoes https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/359714-carrot-and-potato-mash https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/347685-crushed-new-potatoes https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/354184-creamy-spinach https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/363711-roasted-butternut.