Chicken Gizzard Stew.
You can cook Chicken Gizzard Stew using 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Chicken Gizzard Stew
- Prepare 1 kg of chicken gizzards.
- Prepare 60 ml of olive oil, extra virgin.
- It’s 1 large of onion, chopped.
- It’s 3 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of bay leaves.
- It’s bunch of chopped parsley.
- It’s of Chili peppers, Add depending on your spicy preferences.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1 1/2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It’s 1/2 of yellow bell pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of chicken stock cube.
- You need 100 ml of white wine.
- You need of salt.
- You need of ground black pepper.
- It’s 100 ml of boiling water.
Chicken Gizzard Stew instructions
- Add the olive oil to a saucepan and bring to a medium heat..
- Then add the onion, garlic and bay leaves to the pan and fry for 5-7 minutes. Stir often..
- Next add the chopped chili's, ginger and parsley and stir..
- After 1-2 minutes add the gizzards, paprika and tomato paste. Stir well again..
- Seal with the saucepan with the lid and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir regularly..
- Then add the bell pepper and chicken stock cube..
- Reduce heat, then continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes..
- Add the wine and stir well. Replace the lid and simmer until the liquid has thickened. About 20-25 minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Add more olive oil if necessary. Season with salt and pepper..
- Add the water and continue to cook for a further 15-20 minutes. The gizzards do take a long time to cook..
- Check seasoning is okay. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes prior to serving..