Caramel Apples Vegan style.
You can have Caramel Apples Vegan style using 3 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Caramel Apples Vegan style
- It’s 4 of or more Organic Macintosh or similarly sweet apples.
- Prepare 6 of or more Mejdool dates, the big ones that are soft, with pit still in.
- Prepare 1 box of tooth picks (optional).
Caramel Apples Vegan style instructions
- This is hardly a recipe and more of a combination that happens to taste extremely good if you use the right ingredients. They may not look like much, but they have been devoured very quickly at gatherings where I have served them as hor d'oeuvres..
- The apples MUST be organic or locally grown, as non organic tend to be quite dry. Select an apple that you would use for a regular taffy apple. Sweet, but not too sweet..
- Mejdool dates are also an important choice, they are very sweet, and even chewy like caramel when you refrigerate them. Sorry for the extra notes, but it's important!.
- CUT the apples into medium pieces, around 1"/1" on average..
- Remove the pits from the Dates and cut them in 4 pieces..
- Simply connect a piece of date to a piece of apple with a tooth pick. When the date piece is slightly smaller than the apple piece you pin it to, that works best but don't worry too much about it really..
- Put these healthy hor d'oeuvres on a plate and serve..
- That's it! Simple, yet the combination is great, very similar to a caramel apple in fact..