Punjabi Beef And Spinach Curry #mycookbook.
You can have Punjabi Beef And Spinach Curry #mycookbook using 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Punjabi Beef And Spinach Curry #mycookbook
- Prepare 500 g of Diced Beef.
- Prepare 300 g of Diced Onions.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Garlic paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of Ginger paste.
- Prepare 4 of green chillies.
- It’s 200 g of Spinach.
- You need 3 tbsp of Plain Yogurt.
- It’s 150 g of chopped tomatoes (fresh or tinned).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of red chilli powder(optional).
- It’s 1/2 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 1 of black cardamom.
- It’s 2 of cloves.
- You need 2-3 of bay leaves.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- It’s 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tumeric.
- You need 3/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- It’s 1 tsp of Garam Masala.
- You need 4 Tbsp of Oil.
- It’s 350 ml of water.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Dry mango powder.
- Prepare of Chopped coriander for garnish.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cream as desired (garnish).
Punjabi Beef And Spinach Curry #mycookbook instructions
- In an pot fry off the cumin seeds,bay leaves, cinnamon stick, bashed caradamon pods and cloves in oil until the aroma is released. Add the chopped onions and fry until transparent and then the beef. Cook until the beef is soft n little tender (20 mins) on medium heat..
- Add the garlic, ginger and chopped green chillies and cook for a further 2 minute. Now add the cumin, coriander and turmeric powder,dry mango powder & red chilli powder. Stir through the onions and the beef meat..
- Add the tomatoes, salt to taste and bring to a simmer. After 35-40 mins stir and cook for a further 15 minutes, add a 250-300ml of water if the curry is getting dry. After 15 minutes you add the spinach, which adds moisture to the dish and cook it for 5 more minutes, so that the spinach is heated through. To finish stir through the yogurt..
- Once the beef is cooked, serve it in the serving dish. Garnish with fresh coriander and cream as desired..
- Enjoy with your choice of Rice, Naan bread or Roti..