Rhubarb and Blackberry Oat Slices. In a separate bowl, combine the rhubarb, blackberries, white sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well, then assemble evenly over the prepared crust. Pour the remaining crust/oat mix over the fruit.
A nice way to end a meal is with this warm and tasty Blackberry Rhubarb Crisp. There are two parts to a Fruit Crisp, the fruit filling and the streusel topping. Press the oaty mixture into the base of the pan until even. You can cook Rhubarb and Blackberry Oat Slices using 8 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Rhubarb and Blackberry Oat Slices
- You need 200 g of rolled oats.
- You need 150 g of butter or margarine.
- You need 80 g of granulated sugar.
- Prepare 100 g of ground almonds.
- You need 3 tbsp of honey.
- You need 4 of rhubarb stalks.
- Prepare Handful of blackberries.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla extract (optional but delicious).
Toss the rhubarb with the sugar and extract and sprinkle evenly over the oaty mixture. A simple Rhubarb and oat crumble recipe for you to cook a great meal for family or friends. Add a drizzle of honey and a spoonful of crème fraîche. If the rhubarb stalk is very thick, cut it lengthwise before thinly slicing it crosswise.
Rhubarb and Blackberry Oat Slices instructions
- Cut rhubarb stalks into 1 inch pieces and place onto a suitable oven proof dish. Sprinkle over 30g of sugar and place into a preheated oven for 10-15 minutes at 180C until the rhubarb is softened but still has form..
- In the meantime, mix together oats and ground almonds in a large bowl and set aside..
- Melt butter, sugar, and honey in a pan or microwave. Do not allow it to burn. Add vanilla extract then pour over the oat mixture. Stir thoroughly to combine..
- Using 3/4 of the oat mixture, press firmly onto the bottom of a 20x20cm lined baking tray. Set aside..
- Once the rhubarb is cooked. Spoon over the oat mixture. Add blackberries. Then spoon over remaining oat mixture. Level gently with the back of a spoon..
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes until the top has become golden and the sides have begun to pull away from the side of the tray..
- Cool before removing from tray. Serve warm or cold..
- Will keep well in an airtight container for a few days or in the fridge..
How to make rhubarb bread with blackberries? If your blackberries are very large, halve them. Fold the blackberries and the rhubarb slices into the batter. Divide the batter between the two prepared. This rhubarb crisp contains a crunchy topping and crust for a double dose of the delicious oat and brown sugar crumb mixture.