Strozzapreti with speck and saffron. Strozzapreti are an elongated form of cavatelli, or hand-rolled pasta typical of the Emilia-Romagna, Tuscany, Marche and Umbria regions of Italy as well as in the state of San Marino. The name is also used for a baked cheese and vegetable dumpling. Although strozzapreti, which roughly means "priest strangler" or "priest choker" in Italian, are called for in this recipe, feel free to substitute another shape of Likewise, if you can't find speck, try prosciutto instead, which may be easier to find.
Strozzapreti , meaning priest choker or strangler, are an elongated form of cavatelli, slight variations of which are traditional in most of Central Italy. Homemade strozzapreti are rarely uniform in size and shape, but that adds to their appeal. Watch this video from Pasta Grannies to see how it's done! You can have Strozzapreti with speck and saffron using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Strozzapreti with speck and saffron
- You need of strozzapreti pasta, or similar egg pasta.
- It’s of speck, about 100 g.
- It’s of Small chopped onion.
- You need of Saffron.
- You need of single cream.
- You need of Salt.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Parmesan to serve.
Great if you're scared of conflicts. Match with basically any sauce -pesto, chicory and speck Watching Chef Olivieri spin out these perfectly neat strozzapreti twirls is a treat. The Best Strozzapreti Pasta Recipes on Yummly Strozzapreti literally means priest-choker, alluding to the proverbial gluttony of priest.
Strozzapreti with speck and saffron instructions
- Cook pasta according to instructions in salted water. Fry onion gently in a little oil. When softened, add speck and cook for 2-3 mins. Then add saffron and stir. Cook on low heat now for 2-3 mins. Remove from heat.
- When pasta nearly ready, add the cream and a ladle of pasta cooking water to the speck. Stir until mixed well. Drain pasta, add to sauce. Mix well.
- Serve with Parmesan :).
This is a shape of pasta very common in the region of Italy I come from, similar to the commercial trofie. by Gioele Nunziatini. Strozzapreti with Tomato-Pancetta Sauce. © Beatriz Da Costa. Transfer the strozzapreti to a warmed bowl and pass the cheese separately. Preparazione Strozzapreti con speck, brie e radicchio rosso. Per prima cosa tagliate il radicchio a listarelle e metterlo un po' nell'acqua.