Low Fat Sweet and Sour Chicken.
You can have Low Fat Sweet and Sour Chicken using 15 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Low Fat Sweet and Sour Chicken
- Prepare 200 grams of chicken breasts cut in bite size chunks.
- You need 75 grams of green beans or as many as you like.
- You need 1 of carrot cut in little batons.
- It’s 250 grams of pineapple chunks.
- It’s of batter.
- It’s 50 grams of flour. or enough to make thick batter.
- It’s 1 of egg beaten.
- Prepare 1 pinch of salt.
- You need of sweet and sour sauce.
- It’s 1/3 cup of vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of pineapple juice.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of extra pineapple juice.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cornstarch-corn flour.
- You need 1 tbsp of soy sauce.
Low Fat Sweet and Sour Chicken instructions
- Make a batter with the egg and a bit of flour. Coat the chicken pieces with it and grill at about 160C for ten minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the sauce in a wok mixing vinegar, sugar, pineapple juice, soy sauce. Bring them to a boil. Mix three tablespoonful of pineapple juice with the corn flour. Add to boiling mixture and it will thicken quickly..
- Reserve sauce until needed..
- Heat up a tablespoonful of sesame oil. Stir fry chopped green beans and carrot batons. Add pineapple chunks. And finally add the previously grilled chicken..
- Add sauce and make sure everything coated. Serve with extra veg or noodles or rice.