Malaysia curry noodles (Laksa). Laksa is a spicy noodle soup popular in the Peranakan cuisine of Southeast Asia. Laksa consists of thick wheat noodles or rice vermicelli with chicken, prawn or fish. This homemade curry laksa recipe is so easy and delicious.
The noodle soup laksa is one of Malaysia's iconic dishes—but it takes many names and even more forms. Today, we're talking curry laksa: coconut milk and prawns all the way. If we're going with broad strokes, there are two basic laksa genres: asam laksa and curry laksa. You can cook Malaysia curry noodles (Laksa) using 20 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Malaysia curry noodles (Laksa)
- Prepare 8 pcs of drumsticks.
- Prepare 150 gm of sambal paste.
- Prepare 150 gm of curry powder.
- You need 2 tablespoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 100 gm of shallots puré.
- Prepare 5 cloves of garlic (puré).
- It’s 3 stalks of lemon grass (smashed).
- Prepare 2 tablespoon of ginger powder.
- You need 10 gm of curry leaf.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of spices cumin powder.
- It’s 250 gm of fried tofu.
- You need 500 gm of coconut milk.
- You need 5 dl of water.
- Prepare 1 dl of cooking oil.
- It’s of Base.
- You need 400 gm of dried egg noodles (boiled with water for 6min).
- You need 300 gm of beansprouts.
- It’s 6 of boiled eggs.
- You need of Optional.
- You need leaf of Sweet potatoes.
Curry Laksa. (Malaysian, Singaporean coconut curried noodle soup). Street vendors in the Southeast Asian nations of Malaysia and Singapore can often been seen hawking their own version of a local favorite, curry laksa. Laksa – the iconic Malaysian spicy coconut noodle soup! However, there are actually quite a few different types of Laksas and those who travel to Malaysia are often surprised to learn that the most popular Laksa has a much stronger curry flavour and is not made with a coconut broth.
Malaysia curry noodles (Laksa) instructions
- Curry soup:- heat up a pot add in cooking oil, firstly add in the sambal paste, lemon grass, shallot puré, garlic puré, curry powder, spices cumin, curry leaf and turmeric powder. Stir well. Cook for 10min in high heat..
- Then add in the tofu and drumsticks..
- Then stir well. Cook for another 10min in medium heat. Add in the coconut milk. Let it boiled for another 10min..
- Then turn the heat into lower heat. Cook for another 25min, then is ready..
Beef Laksa – signature Spicy Malaysian Coconut Curry Noodle Soup Recipe featuring lemongrass, ginger, Kaffir lime and creamy coconut milk with hearty noodles and sliced beef. In Malaysia, Laksa is made with a thick rice noodle. They are admittedly difficult to source outside of Singapore/Malaysia. Curry Laksa, a tasty and spicy Malaysian coconut based curried noodle soup topped with shredded chicken, shrimps, fried tofu, and bean sprouts. In the northern part of the Malaysia, this dish is simple called curry mee to differentiate it from the spicy and tangy fish based Asam Laksa.