You can have Shepherds Pie using 19 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Shepherds Pie
- Prepare 600 grams of Minced lamb.
- You need 300 grams of Potatoes, peeled and chopped.
- Prepare 300 grams of Peeled and chopped carrots and turnip.
- It’s 30 grams of Butter.
- You need 1 dash of Milk.
- It’s 1 of Onion.
- You need 1 clove of Garlic.
- It’s 1 of Sprig rosemary.
- You need 1 pinch of Salt and pepper.
- Prepare of Gravy.
- It’s 200 ml of Lamb/beef stock.
- You need 1 tbsp of Tomato purée.
- You need 1 of Bay leaf.
- Prepare 1 dash of Olive oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of (Heaped) plain flour.
- Prepare 1 pinch of Each Dried sage, rosemary, thyme.
- Prepare of Garnish.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Grated mature cheddar.
- Prepare 1 of Tomato, sliced.
Shepherds Pie instructions
- Chop onion and garlic, place in pan with rosemary sprig, lamb mince and seasoning. Brown mince, drain the fat off and set aside..
- In a pan, boil the potatoes, carrot and turnip. When soft, turn off heat, drain water, add the butter and milk and mash together. Set the mash aside..
- Make the gravy. Make up the stock in a jug, add the dried herbs, bay leaf and the tomato purée and mix. Set aside. In a saucepan, heat the olive oil, add the flour and mix well. Gradually add the stock, stirring all the while until you have a nice gravy consistency..
- Now bring it all together. Place the mince in a casserole dish. Pour over the gravy. Spread the mash over the top making peaks with a fork. Sprinkle over the cheese (don't use a lot of cheese or it will overpower the pie), put a few tomato slices on top. Bake in the oven for 35 minutes..