My Lamb Stew Soup Off the Bone 😊.
You can have My Lamb Stew Soup Off the Bone 😊 using 18 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of My Lamb Stew Soup Off the Bone 😊
- You need 1 kg of Lamb ends, neck, Ribs etc.
- You need 4 of medium Carrots.
- It’s 2 of medium Onions.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of Lemon juice.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cracked black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of fresh or frozen Rosemary. i get it fresh and freeze what i dont use.
- You need 1 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 clove of Garlic crushed.
- It’s 1/4 cup of red wine.
- It’s 1/4 cup of passata or Tomato juice.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of boiling water.
- You need 1 tsp of Dried Sage.
- You need 400 grams of New Potatoes washed not peeled, cut the larger ones in half.
- You need 1 handful of sweet peppers cut small, you can use frozen.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Garden peas frozen.
- Prepare 4 tsp of heaped with Cornflour / Starch.
- You need 4 tbsp of cold Water.
My Lamb Stew Soup Off the Bone 😊 instructions
- Cut the fat off the Lamb bones.
- Then add them to a large pan of boiling water as much water to cover the lamb ribs and ends. Add the salt and lemon juice, and boil then simmer with a lid on for 1/2 hour then remove lid and let it simmer away for the next 1/2 hour..
- While the lamb is cooking, peel and cut the carrots into small pieces. Leave for later.
- Cut up the onions, and fry in oil. When opaque add the rosemary cut up small..
- Add the garlic and fry for 1 minute. Then add the wine turn hi and boil fast for 5 minutes..
- Add the passata and stir bring to the boil then add the boiling water stir in..
- Add the dried sage and stir in, turn off and put it aside for later..
- Check the boiling lamb near the end of the hour simmering, if the meat starts to come off the bone its ready. If not, leave for a further 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut potatoes and leave with the carrots.
- Cut up the peppers and just add them to the cooling onion and tomato in the pan and stir in and leave..
- When the meat is tender and falling off the bone, remove the bones using tongs as it's hot. And pick what meat you can off and put it back into the saucepan with the rest. There should not be any bones in the the lamb water. If you leave the bones in any longer, they will start to brittle and break off..
- Throw all the bones away and add the tomato mix, carrots and potatoes, peas bring it all to the boil turn down and simmer for 20-30 minutes..
- Near the end of the cooking mix the cornflour/starch with the cold water and mix add it to the stew. Stir and it will become a little thicker. Add another 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper mix and let it simmer for 10 mins..
- Serve hot with salt and pepper to taste and some lovely crusty bread. 😁.