Vegan Date Phirni.
You can have Vegan Date Phirni using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Date Phirni
- You need 1/4 cup of basmati rice soaked for 30 minutes.
- Prepare 3 cup of almond milk / coconut milk for coconut flavor.
- It’s 6 of medjool dates chopped into pieces / any variety of dates.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of walnuts chopped (optional).
- It’s 9 tsp of sugar ( If you want to avoid sugar add 4-5 more dates).
- You need 1 tsp of cardamom powder.
- Prepare 3 of almonds blanched, skin removed and sliced thinly.
- You need 3 of pistachio blanched, skin removed and sliced thinly.
Vegan Date Phirni instructions
- Drain the soaked rice. Grind the soaked and drained rice to a coarse powder in the mixer grinder. Grind into a coarse powder..
- Grind the chopped medjool date in the grinder. Add chopped walnuts to it. Grind the chopped dates and walnuts together into a paste..
- Heat a thick bottom pan or a non stick pan. Add the coarse rice powder and saute for half minute on low heat. Add almond milk to it and mix well at medium heat. Stir constantly to avoid sticking at the bottom. Add the date and walnut paste and mix well..
- Bring the mixture to boil stirring continuously. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Add sugar and mix well and cook till the mixture thickens on high heat. Stir continuously..
- The mixture is thickened and is ready. Remove from heat. Pour in the serving bowl. (Traditionally phirni is served in small earthern bowls known as shikoras). I have served in the ramekin bowl. Garnish with blanced and sliced almonds, pistachio and cardamom powder. Cool the phirni. Refrigerate for 4-5 hours..
- The vegan date phirni is ready. Serve it chilled.