Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry.
You can have Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry using 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry
- You need 5 of large chicken breasts, diced.
- It’s 1.25 Kg of Maris piper potatoes, chopped.
- Prepare 2 of Large knobs of butter.
- It’s 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, finely diced.
- You need 3-4 of garlic cloves, chopped.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh grated ginger.
- You need 2 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot chilli powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of hot paprika.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 Kg of passata.
- You need 800 ml of coconut milk.
- You need of Small cup of water.
- It’s 3 of red chillies.
- You need 1 of lime, juiced.
- It’s of Small bunch of coriander, roughly chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Greek yoghurt.
- Prepare of To serve.
- You need of Basmati rice.
- Prepare of Naan bread (optional).
- It’s of Greek yoghurt (optional, but encouraged).
Hearty Chicken and Potato Curry step by step
- Start by adding the butter and oil together in a large saucepan, and stir until sizzling.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and a pinch of salt, and stir on a medium-low heat, until the onions are soft and brown. Top tip: Freeze your ginger, and grate it while it’s frozen. This makes it easier to grate – as when it isn’t frozen it’s all stringy..
- Once the onions are brown, add the paprika, chilli powder, turmeric and cumin. Stir until it becomes a thick, almost paste like texture, then add a little drop of the water to de-glaze the pan. Stir until everything has become unstuck from the bottom of the saucepan..
- Add the chicken, and bring the heat to a medium-high, and cook until the meat is white all over..
- Add the potatoes then stir. Add the passata, coconut milk and chilli, then leave to simmer for around 45 mins, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are soft..
- Add the lime and coriander, and stir. Once it’s finished, add the yoghurt to give the sauce a creamier texture..
- Serve with fluffy basmati rice and Greek yoghurt..