Smoked duck/buckwheat/orange/pomegranate/houmous salad. Smoked Duck Breast Salad with Pomegranate Molasses VinaigretteThe Wine Lover's Kitchen. This salad is so pretty you could definitely serve it up for a gathering. Making a delicious duck salad couldn't be much easier, especially when you source the roasted duck already cooked from a Chinese grocer.
At Rossio we prepare everything ourselves; bread, ice-cream, sauces, pancetta and dressings including the smoked duck which you can also buy at good delicatessens. Cristina Bowerman's stunning smoked duck breast salad is a riot of unusual flavours. Rinse and shake dry salad greens. You can have Smoked duck/buckwheat/orange/pomegranate/houmous salad using 11 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Smoked duck/buckwheat/orange/pomegranate/houmous salad
- You need 2 of duck breast.
- You need 100 g of Buckwheat.
- It’s 160 g of Pomegranate.
- You need 1 of Orange.
- It’s leaves of Babyleaf salad.
- Prepare 20 ml of Balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of medium carrot.
- Prepare 50 g of houmous (extra fine) (Sabra).
- You need 10 ml of water.
- It’s of Salt.
Peel oranges, removing as mush pith as possible and fillet, collecting all resulting juice. Arrange orange segments and salad greens on plates and drizzle with the dressing. Top with cranberries and duck slices. Photo "Smoked duck with pomegranate salad" can be used for personal and commercial purposes according to the conditions of the purchased Royalty-free license.
Smoked duck/buckwheat/orange/pomegranate/houmous salad instructions
- Peel the carrot and cut it in julienne or using veg peeler do shavings.
- Using the knife peel the orange and cut the segments out..
- Using the hand blender mix 120 g of the pomegranate, 20 ml of balsamic vinegar and 1 tbsp of olive oil. Pass it thru the sieve..
- In a small pot reduce the dressing until is thick. Set aside.
- Mix 50 g of houmous with 10 ml of water or until it's saucy and easy to drizzle.
- On the frying pan toast the buckwheat until is golden/golden brown..
- Cover the buckwheat with water. Add pinch of salt and bring to boil. Let it simmer until its fully cooked. About 15 – 20 min. Drain and rinse under cold water..
- Depends what typ your BBQ equipment is, set it up for hot smoking using an apple wood. Set up temperature approx 150 °C.
- Set the duck breasts directly on the bbq letting it infused the smoke. Cook for about 20 min.
- Leave the duck breasts on the side and let it rest for few minutes. Sprinkle with salt. Take the skin off (optional).
- On a roasting tray on the BBQ place the cooked buckwheat and let it warm up..
- In a bowl, mix salad leaves, carrot, orange segments, pomegranate and add warmed buckwheat.
- Slice the duck breasts.
- Start plating up. Drizzle with pomegranate dressing and houmous sauce.
Traditional French flavors—duck breasts, cracklings, walnuts and nut oil—are paired with raspberries and frisée to make this completely original salad. Season generously with salt and pepper. Add the frisée, Boston lettuce and walnuts and toss to coat. Top the salad with the raspberries, sliced duck. Of course, using duck and orange is a classic idea but I've put a modern Southeast Asian spin on this with the dressing, then combined it with pickled To make the smoking mixture, mix the tea leaves, brown sugar, star anise, cinnamon and orange rind in a small bowl.