Light chicken souvlaki with vegetables. Souvlaki consists of skewered, grilled meat, and tzatziki is a yogurt-based sauce traditionally served with grilled meats. Chicken Souvlaki with melt-in-your mouth zesty, juicy chicken, smoky vegetables and tangy, creamy Feta Yogurt Dip is a meal-in-one and super easy to make at home! This Greek Chicken Souvlaki can be served straight off the skewers dunked in the refreshing Feta Yogurt Dip with a side of lemon rice.
The Greeks are mad about Chicken Souvlaki. And after you've tried it, you will be too! Simple to make, loaded with classic Greek flavours: chicken marinated. You can cook Light chicken souvlaki with vegetables using 10 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Light chicken souvlaki with vegetables
- Prepare 300 g of mushrooms in small slices.
- You need 1/2 cup of oil.
- You need 1 of pepper, yellow, cut into square pieces.
- Prepare 1 of pepper, yellow, cut into square pieces.
- It’s 1 of pepper, green, cut into square pieces.
- Prepare 2 of onions finely chopped.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 100 ml of white wine.
- Prepare of salt, pepper, paprika.
- Prepare 800 g of chicken without any bones or skin.
This recipe for greek chicken souvlaki is skewers of chicken breast marinated in lemon, garlic and herbs, then grilled & served with creamy yogurt sauce. Chicken souvlaki is a Greek dish that's made with marinated and grilled chicken and sometimes vegetables, all threaded onto skewers and broiled. Our chicken souvlaki gets extra flavor from za'atar, a complex Middle Eastern blend of herbaceous and warming spices. On the side, we're roasting hearty Our recipes that have earned the WW Mark of Wellness make vegetables the star of your meal, utilize lean proteins, keep calorie counts in mind.
Light chicken souvlaki with vegetables instructions
- Season the chicken fillets with salt and pepper and sprinkle with a little paprika..
- Pass them through a skewer alternating with the green pepper..
- Finely chop all the vegetables in a bowl..
- Put the souvlakia in a baking tray and spread the vegetables mix around them..
- Mix the wine with the oil and pour it on top..
- Cover the baking tray with aluminum foil..
- Bake in the oven that you have already preheated to 200°C for an hour..
- Take the baking tray off the oven and remove the aluminum foil..
- Continue baking for about 30 more minutes..
- Halfway through that turn the souvlakia over so that they get golden brown all over..
- Serve together with the sauce..
Chicken Souvlaki features the fresh-tasting combination of lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil that is so RECIPE BY Cooking Light. Chicken Souvlaki features the fresh-tasting combination of lemon You can customize your kabobs by adding tomatoes, peppers, or any vegetable of your choosing. While the chicken is cooking, grill the vegetables. Souvlaki — small pieces of meat or vegetables grilled on skewers — are popular all over Greece and often served with warm flatbread. Leftover yogurt sauce can be used as a dip for raw vegetables, thinned with To cook the chicken on a grill: Light a charcoal grill or turn a gas grill to medium-high.