Stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts. Simmer for another minute, or until the chicken is cooked through. Stir in the spring onions and cashew nuts,. Cashew Chicken Stir Fry is so easy to make and filled with fresh veggies, chicken, and crunchy cashews.
Heat the wok or skillet until very hot. Add a tablespoon of vegetable oil followed immediately by the red pepper strips and cashew nuts. Stir-fry for a minute, keeping the ingredients moving to avoid burning, until the pepper is soft. You can have Stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts using 15 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts
- It’s 200-300 grams of Chicken cut to pieces.
- It’s 1/2 Cup of Cashew nuts.
- You need 1 of Small Onion.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare 3-4 of Large dried chillies (Optional).
- It’s 1-2 of small bell peppers or 1-2 red chillies.
- You need 6-7 of Snow pea (mangetout).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of soy sauce (1 for marinating the chicken 1 for stir-fry).
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of oyster sauce.
- You need 1 Tsp of Maggi sauce.
- It’s 1 Tbsp of sugar.
- Prepare 50 grams of Thai chilli paste (Nam Prik Pow).
- It’s 2 Tbsp of cooking oil (vegetable oil or sunflower oil) for stir-fry.
- You need 1/2 Tsp of Bicarbonate Soda (optional).
- It’s 1 Tbsp of water.
Take off the heat and set it to one side. This dish of tender stir-fried chicken and roasted cashews in garlic sauce tastes just like take-out, only better. You don't need a wok — just a large nonstick skillet — and, aside from the chicken, the only chopping involves some garlic and scallions. The rest comes out of bottles and jars.
Stir-fried chicken and cashew nuts step by step
- (This is optional) If you want your chicken to be soft as Chinese restaurant, you can follow this step. Marinate your chicken with bicarbonate soda for 15 minutes then rinse them thoroughly with cold water. Dry them with kitchen paper and leave them aside..
- Marinate chicken with Soy sauce around 5 minutes..
- Cut and prepare garlic, snow peas (mangetout), Onion (to chunks), bell pepper (Button), Spring Onion and Large Dry Chilli.
- Fry cashew nuts until golden and leave them aside.
- In small bowl, add soy sauce, oyster sauce, Maggi sauce, Sugar, Thai chilli paste (Nam Prik pow) and water. Mix them together and leave them aside.
- Heat up the pan, add a little oil in and cook the chicken until they are cooked and soft. Leave them aside..
- Use the new pan, heat up the pan with 1 Tbsp of cooking oil. Fry large dry chilli until the colour's changed and smell nice. Take them out the pan and leave them aside. Keep the old oil..
- Add the rest of cooking oil to the same pan, heat it up and add garlic in. Then add onion stir-fry them. Then add Bell peppers then Snow peas to stir-fry..
- Add back fried large dry chillies and cooked chicken. Stir-fry them..
- Add the mixed sauce to the pan. Then coat everything with the sauce. Add back cashew nuts..
- Add Spring onion, stir-fry then turn off the heat..
- It's ready to be served..
Add the sliced yellow onions, and stir fry until they become translucent. Add the fried chicken, along with the fried cashew nuts and fried dry chilies. Add the seasoning sauce and stir fry until it thickens : toss all the ingredients together until everything is evenly coated with the sauce. Add spring onions and fresh chilies and stir fry; mix. Heat more oil in a wok or frypan over medium heat then cook the onion, capsicum, celery and cabbage until becoming tender.