Apple meringue cake. This apple meringue cake is one of the best apple desserts, the meringue has a crispy exterior while the cake is soft and apples bring such a wonderful flavor and texture, a delightful and comforting fall. This Apple Meringue Cake is one of the best apple desserts, the meringue has a crispy exterior while the cake is soft and apples bring such a wonderful. Learn how to prepare this easy Apple Meringue Cake recipe like a pro.
Set of handmade pink zephyr or marshmallow in white box on gray background with bouquet of flowers. This apple meringue cake looks so good, especially when cutting into it, as you can see all the layers of sponge, juicy apples and meringue toppings. It is a fantastic combination of flavors! You can have Apple meringue cake using 17 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple meringue cake
- You need of Cake.
- Prepare 113 g of butter (or Marg).
- It’s 150 g of Caster Sugar.
- You need 60 g of sour cream.
- You need of Grated zest of 1 lemon.
- It’s 4 of egg yolks.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- Prepare 2 1/2 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 250 g of self raising flour.
- Prepare Pinch of salt.
- Prepare of Filling.
- You need 4-5 of medium sized apples. Peeled and sliced.
- It’s of Juice from half a lemon.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon.
- You need of Meringue.
- You need 4 of egg whites.
- Prepare 150 g of caster sugar.
Slip off sides of the pan and finish cooling cake. It keeps a week in the refrigerator. A deliciously different Polish cake with a nut-filled meringue and apples between to layers of airy pastry. With the help of strangers around the world who order her cakes, The Hilton Hotel that gives her a space to bake in, and CNN, MSNBC.
Apple meringue cake step by step
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C). Butter 10-inch (26 cm) springform pan (with a removable base).
- In a large bowl combine the apple slices with lemon juice and cinnamon. Set aside until ready to use..
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt into a medium bowl..
- In another bowl cream together butter and sugar until well mixed. Beat in the egg yolks, sour cream, lemon zest and vanilla extract. Stir in flour mixture and mix until well combined..
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan. (Don't worry if it's thick just put dollops around the tin and smooth with a knife) Once that's done arrange the apple slices on top (or dump them on the top like I do lol). Bake for 30 minutes..
- Whilst the cake is in the oven make the meringue by whipping the egg whites until foamy with a mixer. Gradually add the sugar whipping the whole time until it holds very stiff peaks..
- Remove the pan from the oven and add whipped egg whites on top of the cake and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden brown..
- Run a sharp knife completely around the inside edge of the pan. Let cool slightly at room temperature before serving. We like ours with a dollop of vanilla ice-cream..
Turn cake layers meringue side up and let cool thoroughly. This Apple Meringue Cake is one of the best apple desserts, the meringue has a crispy exterior while the cake is soft and apples bring such a wonderful flavor and texture, a delightful and. I make this cake from Tuscany instead of a pie because it actually benefits from being made ahead, while apple pie is best eaten on the day it's baked. The Apple Meringue Tart is a variation of my Strawberry Meringue Cake which in turn was a variation on another Russian recipe that I found online many years ago. A Meringue Cake is a delightful combination of a tender yellow butter cake and a crisp meringue.