Homemade Thai red panang curry paste.
You can cook Homemade Thai red panang curry paste using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Homemade Thai red panang curry paste
- It’s 5-6 of big dry red chillies (copped).
- It’s 5-6 of fresh red chillies (finely chopped).
- Prepare 1 tsp of thai shrimp paste.
- Prepare 5-6 clove of garlic.
- It’s 5 of small shallots.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of fresh Coriander roots (finely chopped) – you can use powder version or stalk.
- You need 1 tbsp of galangal (finely chopped).
- It’s 1 tbsp of lemongrass (finely chopped, use only 2/3 of it start from the root).
- You need 1 tsp of Kaffir lime peel.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground white or black pepper.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground coriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of cashew nuts.
Homemade Thai red panang curry paste instructions
- Cut dry chilli into big pieces and soak in warm water for about 15-20. Drain the water off.
- Pound fresh chilli, garlic, shallots, dry chilli together and add some salt to help the paste combine in a pastel and mortar. Then add lemongrass, galangal and pound them in until it form a rough paste. Transfer to a food processor or blender and add the rest of the ingredient. Blitz the ingredients until it form a thick paste..
- Store it in the clean jar or put in the ice cube and freeze them. You can keep it in the fridge for 3 months or freeze for a year..