Deany's bagel tuna melt. Tuna melts were one of my favorite lunches to eat on weekends when growing up. My mom would often make them on Sundays for a yummy and easy meal to enjoy after church. These melts have a whole wheat bagel as the base with tuna salad on top.
If you wish, quickly broil to brown melted cheese. Note: if you like tuna melts real cheesy, use one slice of swiss AND one slice of. Yes, realistically I could have just made a classic tuna melt. You can cook Deany's bagel tuna melt using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Deany's bagel tuna melt
- You need of For the bagel filling:.
- You need of tuna chunks (in spring water or sunflower oil).
- Prepare of mayonnaise (use more or less depending on preference).
- You need of salt and pepper.
- You need of Assembling and grilling the bagel:.
- You need of bagels, sliced in half.
- It’s of Unsalted butter, to butter the bread (optional).
- It’s of cheddar cheese, very thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Sprinkle of pepper (optional).
But, if you hadn't noticed, everything on this blog is slightly OTT. How to make Tuna Melt Bagels (quick summary). We've swapped in low-fat cheddar and added the tasty crunch of apple to this lighter version of an old favorite. Add Tuna, miracle whip, pickles combine thoroughly.
Deany's bagel tuna melt instructions
- Open the can of tuna, drain any liquid and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Break up the tuna into small pieces..
- Add the mayonnaise and gently incorporate the ingredients together. Season to taste with salt and pepper then set aside..
- Slice the bagel in half. Butter both the bottom and top slices of bagel (optional). Spread the bottom half of each bagel generously with some of the tuna mayo filling, and add a few slices of cheese across the bagel. Sprinkle a tiny amount of pepper on top (optional)..
- On a baking tray lined with parchment paper or foil, place both the bottom and top bagels onto tray (bottom half). Repeat step 3 for the same process for second bagel..
- Transfer under the grill at a setting of 150 degrees. Cook for a few minutes until the cheese has melted on the bottom half of the filled bagel, and the top half of the bagel is lightly toasted golden brown. Turn off the oven and remove the bagels from the baking tray..
- Transfer onto a plate, slice bagel in half if you wish and serve immediately while hot..
Cut bagels in half if not already done, spread mixture over mixture halved bagels. In medium bowl, mix tuna, mayonnaise, mustard and onions. Top with apple and cheese slices. Speedy Bagel Tuna Melt. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Place Tuna, Tomato and Cheese on Bagel, broil.