Potato and octopus salad. How to make octopus and potate salad recipe. Ingredients: boiled octopus Olive Oil Extra Vergine garlic. You can find Octopus and Potato Salad recipe in all Italian seafood and fish restaurants with little differences from region to region; for example in Liguria they add Taggiasca olives and pine nuts and in the southern regions they add hot chili peppers or capers, but the basic recipe is the same all over.
Cleaning the octopus involves removing the eyes, beak, and innards, and rinsing under cold water—this is often already done when bought from a fishmonger or at a. If using, add the optional garlic, mint, and chili pepper flakes and. Drain and peel them and cut into slices. You can have Potato and octopus salad using 6 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Potato and octopus salad
- You need 1 of octopus (500 g or so).
- It’s 3-4 of good quality potatoes.
- It’s 1 of lemon.
- Prepare of Fresh parsley.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
- You need to taste of Salt.
Mix together the potato slices and octopus cubes. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste, then drizzle with the lemon juice and a generous helping of olive oil. Mix in the chopped parsley and serve. A refreshing salad made with potatoes and octopus dressed with lemon, herbs and olive oil: an easy and delicious recipe perfect for every situation.
Potato and octopus salad instructions
- Bring a pot of water to the boil. When boiling, dip octopus into the water 3-4 times, in and out. Then leave inside, cover and cook on lowest flame for about an hour.
- While octopus is cooking, peel, chop and boil potatoes in salted water until just cooked. Drain, set a side to cool.
- When octopus is ready, drain and then put back in empty pot and leave it to rest for about 30 mins. Gently take it out and chop it up. Put in a bowl.
- Add, potatoes, then olive oil, good squeeze of lemon, parsley and mix well. Leave to chill in fridge until serving :).
Place the octopus in a pot of cold water, bring to boiling point and cook for one hour. When it is tender, let it cool in the cooking water: this is the secret. The octopus and potato salad is a simple Italian dish to prepare even if it takes a few hours. It can be served as an appetizer or even as a main dish, warm but also cold, with or without tomato: in a few words, it is a recipe so versatile that can be adapted to many different situations, as well as being. Pairing the octopus with potatoes in this Octopus And Potato Salad Recipe make the perfect light and flavorful dish.